Color Coding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Coding

It is nice that the completed words appear in gray. I notice that, if by some reason I have placed a word in twice, both appear in pink on the grid. Unfortunately, that same shade indicates palindromes, causing me to delete the word, scratch my head, and utter a few choice words.

Checking the word list on the right isn't any help, because the word appears in red regardless of whether it's in twice or a palindrome.

Another option would be the word appearing on the right to appear in red, but with a line through it, since it has been used.

Is there a way to change the color of the palindrome indicator? Or do I just have to continue scratching my head.

Good catch - that's definitely an unintended bug. I'm out of the office until Tuesday but will bump it to the top of my list. Thanks!
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Just an update on this - all puzzles that contain palindromes (i.e. MADAM, LEVEL, DEIFIED, etc.) have been removed from the site. We'll also make sure not to include any palindromes in future puzzles.

Thanks again for the catch!
      If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Similar Bug(More so an oversight)

I completed a puzzle recently wherein one of the words was "potato". The place where it went in the puzzle placed a "p" at the end of it as the start of a different word. This resulted in the palindromic "potatop" to be highlighted in pink for the rest of the time it took to solve. Despite this, however, the system still accepted the puzzle as correct in the end.
        I just want to add that this is a great site, and I have become addicted to these things.

Comment

Yep, PotatoP palindrome still there.

And this is a great site! Love it.

Comment

Working...
          X