Bug found in a puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug found in a puzzle

Puzzle #156801 seems to have more than one solution, and all the solutions have dangling live wires. I've played a lot of puzzles, but this is the first puzzle I've seen with a bug like this.

The image above shows it with all the lights on, all pathways lit, no short circuits, but the puzzle still is not solved.

I turned the center piece twice to the right, and then the puzzle triggered as being solved.

I've found a couple other puzzles that have no solution. The following is #164421:

When I get these, it can be tricky to find a way for the system to give you credit.

I've found that one way to get credit is to do the following:

1. Ignoring the center piece, resolve all other open connections.
    2. Connect the rest of the puzzle to the center using one wire only.
    3. Rotate the center in such a way that the whole puzzle goes dark.

After all the lights go out simultaneously, the puzzle says "congratulations", and gives me credit. It's very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by uigrad View Post
      I've found a couple other puzzles that have no solution. The following is #164421:

When I get these, it can be tricky to find a way for the system to give you credit.

I've found that one way to get credit is to do the following:

1. Ignoring the center piece, resolve all other open connections.
      2. Connect the rest of the puzzle to the center using one wire only.
      3. Rotate the center in such a way that the whole puzzle goes dark.

After all the lights go out simultaneously, the puzzle says "congratulations", and gives me credit. It's very strange.
      nice, are you one of the programmers?
      SAMDAMAN

Comment

Are you a Proggramer?(to you work at PUZZEL BARON)

Samuel
        SAMDAMAN

Comment

It took a while, but we've finally combed through our puzzle database and found a very small number (< 0.5%) of puzzles which had misaligned solutions. These have now been purged from the database.

Thanks for playing!
          If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Working...
          X