Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• game pause?

Is there a way to pause the game?

Because of the competitive nature of the game we do not allow game timers to be paused - in the past we offered this functionality on other sites, and it was abused by players who would start a game - print it out - pause it - solve it offline - then unpause the game, fill in the solution quickly, and get an unreasonably high score.

You can always save a game and finish it later, but the timer will continue to tick away during the interim.

Thanks for playing!
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      Because of the competitive nature of the game we do not allow game timers to be paused - in the past we offered this functionality on other sites, and it was abused by players who would start a game - print it out - pause it - solve it offline - then unpause the game, fill in the solution quickly, and get an unreasonably high score.

You can always save a game and finish it later, but the timer will continue to tick away during the interim.

Thanks for playing!
      There is an easy solution to this problem (I wouldn't even call it a problem): when a player clicks the pause button, the game closes and voila! Otherwise I see no point in saving the progress. It just turned out that I have been solving a grid for more than 10.000 seconds!
      Last edited by Lala73; 01-27-2014, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X