Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do people get such blazing fast times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do people get such blazing fast times?

So I'm just wondering about some of these fastest times I see, particularly by b.rob0706 on the mid-range puzzles and Loverlylady on the larger puzzles, how do you do it? I solve some of these puzzles clicking literally as fast as I can without having to redo virtually anything and some of b.rob's times on the smaller puzzles are 30-50% faster and on the larger puzzles Loverlylady can be 100% faster. Is it simple hand eye coordination and perhaps a larger screen? Or is there something else going on here? Is there some way where you can use a touchscreen and just draw the paths? Or are we dealing with some kind of idiot-savant here (JK of course, no offense intended)? Inquiring minds want to know what your secrets are!

Discover part of how today

I was looking at it and realized that sometimes people with lower scores have dramatically fewer turns. Silly me, I'm new to this game and didn't realize that by right clicking I got a counter clockwise rotation. Now I have to relearn it, but I still don't think that I have anywhere near the eye hand coordination at my age to get very close to some of the scores those two have posted. I don't know how many hundreds of games I have played, some before I created an account, and I think I've only beat b.rob a handful of times. Also, b.rob and Loverly joined within 6 days of each other and have by far the fastest times. Makes me wonder if they aren't the same person?

Comment

Not the same person, I promise. I do have a larger screen, but I still can't see the entire board for the large puzzles. Part of it is practice - I do these an awful lot - but I also just have a logical mind that now sees how things should fit together. Sometimes it helps to go around the outside first and work in. I don't know that I have a secret, but having a master's degree in math certainly helps with the logical thinking.

Comment

Thanks

Yes, I've found that working around the outside first makes sense because the paths are clear there. Now that I realized I should be using right and left buttons on my mouse I'm faced with relearning a month of clicking on these puzzles if I ever want to compete with you. I realize some of it is practice but it is amazing how the human brain works and how some people can just see their way through these puzzles, or see how a game of chess unfolds, while for others it is a struggle.

Comment

Wow I didn't even know about the right-clicking thing!

Comment

There is some kind of program that people run to get such good times. Come on - 21 turns in 7 seconds = 3 turns/second??? They couldn't figure something out and click that fast if their life depended on it....... I just wish there was a way to remove them from the high speed list.....

Comment

I wouldn't say 3 turns/second is necessarily cheating. I don't know if I have gotten that fast yet but I certainly have come close, and I'm not that fast compared to others. Also, why would someone put so much effort in to cheating?

Comment

Originally posted by Schneids View Post
                There is some kind of program that people run to get such good times. Come on - 21 turns in 7 seconds = 3 turns/second??? They couldn't figure something out and click that fast if their life depended on it....... I just wish there was a way to remove them from the high speed list.....
                damn guess i'm just built different

Comment

Originally posted by qazi View Post

damn guess i'm just built different

Dang it leave some 5x5 records for me will ya.

Comment

the way the two of us have totally spoiled 6+ years of 5x5 records in like two months. incredibly powerful

Comment

It's a lot of practice. I played this puzzles in high school and that was like 5 years ago. I started out a little faster than average, but started getting on the leaderboards once I started use the right click and after I had practiced a lot.

It's absurd how much I play circuits. I usually play so I have something to do while I watch youtube videos, which is what I like to do to relax, so I end up playing circuit puzzles for many hours each day. Sometimes I switch to sudoku or minesweeper but circuits are my go-to. Initially I had to really logic out the puzzles, but once you've done it so many times, the logic is more automatic. You don't need a program to do 3 turns a second.

Comment

Originally posted by qazi View Post
                        the way the two of us have totally spoiled 6+ years of 5x5 records in like two months. incredibly powerful
                        Just figure memorizing patterns is the key, I almost always get 5-10 on the leaderboard and ive just got used to it. Only been playing for 13 days so you just need to get in the groove

Comment

Originally posted by demonschnauzer View Post
                          It's a lot of practice. I played this puzzles in high school and that was like 5 years ago. I started out a little faster than average, but started getting on the leaderboards once I started use the right click and after I had practiced a lot.

It's absurd how much I play circuits. I usually play so I have something to do while I watch youtube videos, which is what I like to do to relax, so I end up playing circuit puzzles for many hours each day. Sometimes I switch to sudoku or minesweeper but circuits are my go-to. Initially I had to really logic out the puzzles, but once you've done it so many times, the logic is more automatic. You don't need a program to do 3 turns a second.
                          Me too lol

Comment

Originally posted by wexcellent View Post
                            Discover part of how today

I was looking at it and realized that sometimes people with lower scores have dramatically fewer turns. Silly me, I'm new to this game and didn't realize that by right clicking I got a counter clockwise rotation. Now I have to relearn it, but I still don't think that I have anywhere near the eye hand coordination at my age to get very close to some of the scores those two have posted. I don't know how many hundreds of games I have played, some before I created an account, and I think I've only beat b.rob a handful of times. Also, b.rob and Loverly joined within 6 days of each other and have by far the fastest times. Makes me wonder if they aren't the same person?
                            How old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by VoltWave View Post

How old are you?
                              Im 13 and i got it lol

Comment

Working...
                              X