Incorrect number of pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect number of pieces

I noticed that sometimes the pieces were smaller than other times, even when the puzzles had the same number of pieces, so I started checking the dimensions of the puzzles.

It turns out that sometimes (often) the number of pieces is greater than it is supposed to be.

The last two 84-piece puzzles I did had 96 pieces (12x8); earlier I did a 96-piece puzzle that had 108 (it was 12x9). One 84-piece puzzle was 11x8 (88 pieces).

It is annoying to do a 96-piece puzzle and have it scored as an 84-piece puzzle.

*update - I just finished four more 84-piece puzzles; 3 had 96 pieces and the other had 88 pieces.

**update - Another 108 piece (should be 96) and 88 piece (should be 84). Since I noticed this and started checking, every puzzle has had the wrong number of pieces.

*** Finally, a 96-piece with 96 pieces.
    Last edited by mwalters; 01-10-2015, 06:38 AM.

incorrect number of pieces

Every time I select a 12 piece puzzle I get 4 pieces 3 edges and 1 middle. I cannot find a way to get the rest of the pieces. I have selected middles, edges, and all. Nothing brings up the rest. I have even changed the background and put the preview down in hopes of finding them.

Comment

All of them should be possible! Try another puzzle size

Comment

Agreed, MWalters, I started checking and found the same thing. I just selected an 84 piece that had 96

Comment

I've just done four 96 piece puzzles each with 108 pieces. And just to be sure it wasn't a "reset my account" issue (another website, another oddity), I logged off and back in prior to the last puzzle.

Comment

Well, folks, the problem continues. I had seen this thread by chance, and today decided to check on the actual number of pieces in my "84 pc" puzzle. You got it! Actually 96 pieces.

Comment

It happens with different sizes. I usually do 60 piece puzzles, invariable something 6x10 or 10x6. Except when it isn't. The last 60 piece puzzle I did was 11x7. That's 77 pieces. Still a fun puzzle, just took me a little extra time.

Comment

I recently had a 72 pc that was actually 77.

Comment

Working...
                X