Buttons appending instead of replacing, takes a lot of time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttons appending instead of replacing, takes a lot of time

When doing a puzzle, let’s say 2 squares =5, and you know it has to be a 1 and 4. We don’t know the order, but put in 4 and to help remember. Later we realize they should be switched. Tapping any cell and clicking a button should Replace the contents of that cell, not append. In this example, I tap on the 4, and want to hit the 1 button. But instead of replacing the 4 with a 1, we get “41”. Now you have to hit delete, then type 1 again.
    It would be much easier for the users to simply have the behavior be tapping a cell, then a button always updates the cell. That would help also if I accidentally tap 3. I could just tap 4 and it would update. NOT give me 34, or make me delete the 3.

Hope that makes sense. I think it would make solving much more fun, and much more realistic.

Originally posted by dzeibert View Post
    When doing a puzzle, let’s say 2 squares =5, and you know it has to be a 1 and 4. We don’t know the order, but put in 4 and to help remember. Later we realize they should be switched. Tapping any cell and clicking a button should Replace the contents of that cell, not append. In this example, I tap on the 4, and want to hit the 1 button. But instead of replacing the 4 with a 1, we get “41”. Now you have to hit delete, then type 1 again.
    It would be much easier for the users to simply have the behavior be tapping a cell, then a button always updates the cell. That would help also if I accidentally tap 3. I could just tap 4 and it would update. NOT give me 34, or make me delete the 3.

Hope that makes sense. I think it would make solving much more fun, and much more realistic.
    Absolutely agree. Years later and no improvement. Also I have to tap on the number numerous times just to get it to appear (or disappear).

Comment

Working...
    X