Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help solve!

What did the scorpion say to the frog?

&$%%**$o#$%T@#@%L*#@$%@@I#$+%+S*&+c*#I!@#L@#$R$ %+t #$%F&++u#I#$%+R&***&_M$%+&F*&*F*&+P&*H#$%+S&+%$#N+ %$#D@#%+$#F&+%$R&++&* H+&+%+&c&+&*
    F#$%+R#$%+%$H$$#+&N@##@I%+*&@+&*Y*&+&*H*&+*&+%@#$% +

I just can't get started on this....

What you posted has no word spacing and no letters. If you want to post something like a letter substitution cryptogram, someone can solve it. What you've posted seems to be gibberish.

Comment

The scorpion and the frog is an old fable. The scorpion asked the frog for a ride across the river. Despite misgivings, the frog agreed. Halfway across the scorpion stung the frog, causing both to drown. The frog asked the scorpion why he did that? The scorpion replied that it was in his nature and couldn't resist. Not sure if that will help you with your puzzle, but make of it as you will.

Comment

I had a bit of a go but couldn't get a solution. There are 24 different characters (or 26 if spaces and the carriage return are actual characters), which is suggestive of a correlation to the alphabet, but it's definitely not a simple substitution cipher.

I also looked at digraphs (pairs of characters). If I included the spaces and carriage return as characters then I can get a set of 8 characters which every digraph contains at least one of, which may or may not be significant.

There's no road to a solution coming into sight so I'm giving up on this, unless there's some more information you can give.

Comment

What stands out to me is the letters used are o, T, L, I, S, c, R, t, F, u, M, P, H, N, D, Y and not simply A-R in addition to the other characters. Have you tried converting the characters to numbers or letters on a phone or keyboard? It seems like only the characters on the upper row of the keyboard are used (plus some extra letters), where they could have used colons, brackets, etc., which could be significant.

Some other questions I would like to know are: (a) Do you know if the question is a joke or a riddle? (b) Are you sure that the upper and lower case letters match the original puzzle? (c) As ernests mentioned, is the carriage return on the original puzzle?

I would check to see which characters are not found in pairs or groups. A character that is frequent, but is never in a pair or group may represent a break between words. I would also try writing it with the characters as the numbers they share a key with on a keyboard and see if that leads anywhere. You may then have to convert those numbers to letters (1=a . . . 26 = z). It's possible that that could lead you toward a normal letter substitution cryptogram.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X