Help with Puzzles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Puzzles

I always get stuck at the end of the logic puzzles. Can someone talk me through how to figure out the lasr bit? TIA

This is an example of getting stuck...
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1553104242515.jpg_1553104248834.jpeg

With this puzzle, clue 7 says that the curling star arrived earlier than Joaquin. The earliest curling can be is at 12 noon according to your solution. Therefore, Joaquin, at the earliest, has to be later than 12 noon, since curling comes before Joaquin. Since you have Emanuel filled in at 4:00, this means Joaquin has to be at 4:30.

Does that help?

Comment

As ekansi said you can infer something from Clue 7.

Always come back to clues that say something is earlier than something else.

Look at clue 7. It say's curling is earlier than Joaquin. This means that curling and Joaquin cannot share the same earliest and latest pieces ever. As it's 4x4 it's easier to see: but if you had 6x6 these clues are important to track.
      Joaquin Curling
      X X
      X
      X
      See the above? They cannot share the same earliest piece - this is because curling always has to come before. If curling has to come before which one of those red boxes is now a cross?
      Last edited by adhesiveduck; 03-26-2019, 04:05 AM.

Comment

I agree with the other members: always start with earlier/later clues. Also - and I know it sounds impossibly difficult - work on just filling in the top row of boxes. Every puzzle on this site can be solved in just the top row of boxes. Doing it this way helps you learn how the clues work, and once you get the hang of it, it's actually easier than filling everything in and trying to keep track of all those boxes full of information down below.
        Give it lots of tries, good luck, and you will get this with practice! Pretty soon you'll be setting timed records and racing the rest of us to the top of the leaderboard.

Comment

Working...
        X