Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't there anyone who gets under 30 second times in the 3 by x logic puzzles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isn't there anyone who gets under 30 second times in the 3 by x logic puzzles

Is there like a limit to what it can show?

Yep, unofficially, each puzzle size has a limit. If you play the puzzles much, they become pretty obvious:

3x4 limit = 30s
    3x5 limit = 30s
    4x4 limit = 50s
    4x5 limit = 70s
    4x6 limit = 90s
    4x7 limit = ??

I have seen a couple of puzzles where the top time is under the limit. In each of those cases, I think they were within a month of the site opening. The limit was added very early on, but not quite at the very beginning.

The Admin has never said why there is a limit (or even acknowledged that a limit exists), but I've always assumed that it's both to discourage people from cheating (eg writing a program to solve these), and also possibly hide that people are cheating (it would reflect badly on the site if many puzzles had solve times of 1 second)

The limit of 30s on the 3x4 puzzles is pretty silly. When I'm locked in, I can solve most of the easy 3x4 puzzles in 30 seconds, and I assume that there are people who have legitimately solved them in 20 seconds or even less.

Comment

I believe the 4x7 limit is 120 seconds, at least for the 'easy' ones.

Originally posted by uigrad View Post

I have seen a couple of puzzles where the top time is under the limit. In each of those cases, I think they were within a month of the site opening. The limit was added very early on, but not quite at the very beginning.

This is accurate for 4x7 puzzles as well.

Comment

Working...
      X