Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another cheater

Ooohaaahumphumphump is a cheater.

Thanks for saying something. I was just looking at the high scores for the month and "it" is definitely a bot.

Comment

They let Ooohaaahumphumphump take some "trophies"? Real players just got cheated.

Comment

Player (and trophies) have been removed.
        If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Thanks. All of us "real" players appreciate your help.

Comment

Also wanted to say thanks for everyone involved in identifying and addressing the cheaters!

For future reference, is creating a forum post the best way to bring a cheater to the attention of the admins?

Comment

And this clown is still floating about. Second game of theirs I've run across this morning. Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 11.10.03 AM.png

Comment

It's funny you mentioned asdf, Naboka. That's exactly who I was thinking of when I posted above, but I hadn't yet gone to the trouble of screen capping one of their games w/ 100% of the available words played.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnAkaMrP View Post
                  It's funny you mentioned asdf, Naboka. That's exactly who I was thinking of when I posted above, but I hadn't yet gone to the trouble of screen capping one of their games w/ 100% of the available words played.
                  Don't want to give anything away to the cheaters, but something about that 100% mark is suspicious. They ought to do what most of us do: miss a lot of words.

Only proves we're humans.

Which begs the question, does missing more words make you more human?

Comment

Sorry, I'm kind of a newbie here... I don't understand what tells you that asdf is a cheater. I see 76 words, 366 points, that doesn't necessarily look suspicious to me. Please help me to understand.

Of course, nobody will ever accuse ME of being a cheater. First off, I only play 6+ letter words, so I'll never have a high score or word count. I realize there are a multitude of ways to cheat, I cannot possibly imagine what kind of satisfaction one achieves by doing that. But, to each their own.

I remember about eight or nine years ago that someone decided to cheat against me in Ruzzle. Got ALL of the top 100 or so words and none of the lower scoring words. If I were to cheat, I at least wouldn't make it so obvious. lol

Comment

While getting 76 words is humanly possible, getting all the available words is extremely unlikely, hence the charge of cheating. (It's more obvious if it's done consistently or on the 5x5 when someone gets way more words than the best players can manage to find & type.)

Reporting cheating on the forum seems like as good a way as any, since it always seems to get admin's attention. Another way is to go the messaging center & send admin a message directly. (That may be a good way to go if you suspect a cheater but don't want to publicly accuse them. Some of the best players here have been falsely accused in the past, especially by new players who just can't believe anyone is that good.)

Comment

You always do a masterful job of explaining things to newbies, Spike. I'm certain you were an excellent math professor.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike1007 View Post
                          While getting 76 words is humanly possible, getting all the available words is extremely unlikely, hence the charge of cheating. (It's more obvious if it's done consistently or on the 5x5 when someone gets way more words than the best players can manage to find & type.)

Reporting cheating on the forum seems like as good a way as any, since it always seems to get admin's attention. Another way is to go the messaging center & send admin a message directly. (That may be a good way to go if you suspect a cheater but don't want to publicly accuse them. Some of the best players here have been falsely accused in the past, especially by new players who just can't believe anyone is that good.)
                          Thanks for the response Spike. It all sounds good to me!

Comment

Thank you to site administrators for addressing the bot cheaters! And a thanks to all you classy fellow players!

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                              Player (and trophies) have been removed.
                              Thank you, Admin. I apologize if my question has already been explained or is common knowledge, but does this mean that all high scores have been nullified as well?

Comment

Working...
                              X