Apparent software errors on SCORING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparent software errors on SCORING

There is a problem on the JIGSAW PUZZLE game where some of the numbers are in error on the SCORING panel (with the bell curve) after a jigsaw is completed.

An example is::

Best time: 206
    Fastest/Fast 253
    Median 0
    Slow/Fast 837
    Slowest 1674

Your score: 1674

This is almost 30 minutes, the actual time was under 4 minutes. The "median" score is always zero when this error occurs. Since this is the time taken to complete the puzzle, zero is obviously erroneous, as is the "your score" number.

Sometimes this error does not occur until more than one puzzle is played. At the highest level of the game, it seems to happen every time.

This error is continuous now

It appears the program is not ever scoring properly on Jigsaw Puzzles. Pity.

Comment

............A
      -----/------\
      --- /-+-+-++-\
      ---/ -++|-+-++\
      640 320 0 839 1678

Typical jigsaw score. Zero is average (on average most people are done by the time they start). Faster is: people who take 320 seconds, and the fastest person took 640 seconds. This doesn't make any sense!!! Isn't there any programmer here?
      Last edited by TampaDave; 06-24-2014, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Yep, that graphic on the right-hand side of the puzzle is meaningless and does not accurately compute the time you take to complete a puzzle. Nor does it compute with the score you get when you complete a puzzle. There is a glitch in the programming, so that graphic is meaningless and should either be fixed or removed (the latter would make the site faster to use).
        It is a nice to have but does not work feature of the site.
        DstD

Comment

Thanks for catching that - I think the error with the bell curve should be fixed now, but if you notice anything strange please let me know.
          If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Thanks

Yes, the numbers look reasonable now!

Comment

Penalty for saving puzzles?

Am I getting penalized every time I save a puzzle, because I can't help but notice that my scores are suffering whenever I save a puzzle. Does the clock keep running or is an automatic penalty applied whenever you save a puzzle?

Comment

Hi, Awright.

It's the clock running, not an automatic penalty for saving.

If you create a puzzle and then save it without starting to solve it, it is saved without the timer going. The timer starts when you begin to solve. When you go back and solve it, only your actual solving time is counted. However, if you save a puzzle that you have already begun to solve, the timer keeps going even when it is saved.

One time I couldn’t get back to finish solving a puzzle for about 45 hours. That resulted in a solving time of almost 165,000 seconds. Even so, I really wanted to finish the puzzle.

Bluenote

Comment

Working...
                X