Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is The Really Just 1 Solution To Every Balance Quest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is The Really Just 1 Solution To Every Balance Quest?

I was doing Puzzle pop up ad with 32 slots on each side. I narrowed it down to the final 4 spots in grey, and did come up with the same 4 in helpful hints, -28, -28, -15 and 6.

However, after trying tons of combinations and finishing, I was double checking my math and was solid, but when I looked at solution sheet, it shows that I solved the chart differently than show. The problem is, when I was going over the rules, its say specifically there is only 1 solution, yet my solution works and so does the solution sheet I printed. I solved the 4 boxes around the main 0 box, and combined they equal 0. So not sure what is going on, if some kind of freak accident, or if there is multiple solutions then how do I know which unique solution you're looking for?

Based on my test, when down to 4 spots left, there was less than 24 different ways to orient the final 4 numbers, I didn't bother testing every variation, cause solved after like my 5 try. I could but thought I'd make a post first.

Hi Jayk,

These puzzles were computer generated, so unless there is an error in the program, there should be only one solution per puzzle. If you still have copies, can you please e-mail me your solution and the actual solution so I may compare them?
    ​​wmcmah@gmail.com

Thanks,
    Whit McMahan
    Balance Quest creator

Comment

That’s a head-scratcher! I ran into something similar with a puzzle I was working on—one where the solution seemed to have multiple valid answers. It can be super frustrating when the rules say there's only one solution but you find more. Sometimes it’s a flaw in the puzzle or maybe a detail in the rules we’re missing. I’d suggest double-checking for any overlooked rules or reaching out to the puzzle's creator or community for clarification.​

Comment

Working...
      X