No announcement yet.

In Memory of Pootie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps the story will be told one day, but it's not mine to tell. Suffice it to say that Pootie made a deep impression on all who met her.

Comment

Thanx Pootie

I appreciated Pooties ernest responses and disregard for the ambigueties of the "online" persona.

Comment

Greyhound,
        Your comment on how Pootie found you your avatar reminded me that she also helped me with mine. I wanted to use a family photo, but couldn't get it to work. A lot of people gave me helpful advice in the chat room, but I still couldn't get it working. Eventually, I emailed it to Pootie and she worked some tech magic for me so that I was able to use the photo.
        Momof7

Comment

Pootie sounds like a person I would very much like to have known. I regret only that I found this site so late.

Comment

A song came to mind...

As I read Barnabas's moving tribute to Pootie, I kept hearing this song in my head...It's an update of a very old Scottish air, and it vividly evokes a sailing ship setting out to sea. The singer is a young lady watching her lover captain the ship out of harbor, and her voice expresses love, admiration, longing and grief, which I have seen in all your posts as you remember Pootie. I re-read the poem while listening to the song, and it seemed just right. I hope you enjoy it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Many thanks, Universalmom! While I don't understand the words, the music does indeed evoke feelings of love and loss, sorrow and joy and the endless ebbs of life and death. A truly melodic tribute to the Pootie that many of us miss.

Are you Scottish? Can you share the poem with us....in English?

Comment

i found this translation when i was listening to it:

Comment

As I was growing up, I knew only a few of the words - "fuaim" was noise, "pog" was kiss etc. The lady in the song fears that she will lose her lover to kisses other than hers. But that sense of standing on the headlands and watching someone sail off to an unknown place is what I thought of when I read Barnabas's post.

Comment

I can see where the poem and the song might remind one of the other. When my brother died a little over thirteen years ago, I wrote a poem and read it at the service. The gist of the poem was that he was 1 year older than me, and that for all of my life I was trying to catch up to him. My dad passed away just this last September (which was why I was away from this site for a good portion of that month), and I decided to read the Henry Van Dyke poem at his service (the same that I had left in tribute to Pootie as well). The idea behind reading the Van Dyke poem for Dad was that it was my hope that my brother would be the one taking up the cry, "here he/she comes!"

Comment

Working...
                    X