Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed on This Logic Puzzle

Good day all,
    I am just starting out solving logic puzzles and I am trying to solve a puzzle in a weekly magazine. Usually I can solve them, but I am stuck on this one. I am hoping for someone to explain the logic needed to make the next step in this puzzle.
    The attached photo shows where I am up to. Blue Bay is common in 3. and 4., but I fail to see how I can use this information.

Thank you
    John
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Since 28C and 72% have to be either Blue Bay or Jorbis, you can mark Milltown and Ambiance off for both of those options. That then leads to 28C having to be 68%, since 54% would be an impossible pairing. It should all fall into place after that.

Comment

Clue 3 requires that either Jorbis or Blue Bay to be 72%. Therefore, neither Ambience nor Milltown can be 72%. Using the same sort of logic, neither Ambience nor Milltown can be 28°C.

With those additional Xs, Jorbis is excluded from 54% and 62%.

Then at this point in the grid, if 54% was 28°C, since 54% excludes Blue Bay and Jorbis and 28°C excludes Ambience and Milltown, none of the Cities could be true.

That gives you an X at 54%/28°C. The only remaining choice for 28°C would be 68%. And the rest should be relatively easy.

Just noticed that fromalabama came up with the same logic.
      Last edited by zenobia43; 12-02-2023, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Thank you fromalabama and zenobia43 for your help. Rediculously I kept looking at item 3, 28C and 72% have to be either Blue Bay or Jorbis, but I kept talking myself out of it.​ I have no idea why I kept doing that over several days, since the logic in it is quite clear.

Regards
        John

Comment

Working...
        X