Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with leaderboard on some puzzles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with leaderboard on some puzzles?

I've never encountered this problem before, but on one puzzle (25x25 challenging, if it matters), my time was much faster than the leaderboard fastest time, but the "New Fastest Time" popup didn't happen, even though I was logged in. My score was less than the full amount of points (390/400). The lowest time on the graph was 606 seconds, but the leaderboard's lowest time was 962 seconds. I have attached a screenshot of the game-over screen. I also commented on the puzzle itself.

Screenshot (352).png

I have also had this problem on numbergrids - where I should be in top 10 and I'm not.

Comment

I have no insight on this but my guess, given the last question on this board, is that you didn't beat the secret "guest" user which all non-logged-in users go into. It doesn't show up on the leaderboards (except during the bug in the last question) but it's generally got a good time. So basically someone at some point beat 666 seconds while not logged in.

Comment

I keep having this problem even after making a 2nd account

Comment

I think I figured it out. I had created the b4ur3 account hoping the issue had something to do with my account, but recently I found myself on a leaderboard for a score i had earlier this month. The issue seems to be in that it doesn't automatically update the leaderboard like other PuzzleBaron sites, but they do get updated nonetheless. It might still take away from the initial enjoyment, but the scores will be up there

Comment

Here's a weird one that I'm not sure I've seen before - rather than not getting the "New Fastest Time" popup, I got it, but it was for a record from b4ur2 that didn't appear in the leaderboard. Maybe there *is* something wrong with your account. :P

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
            X