No announcement yet.

What the hey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is small comfort, but I have found (at least for me) that the ad disappears and becomes a smaller one after the first 30 seconds. So, since you can still see the letters the big ad is covering, you can technically still play, though it is annoying.

Comment

Still happening to me.

Comment

Hughk, Anyankaholic, Brutus - thank you for letting me know. I've upped you all to premium for a week to make sure this issue is resolved for you immediately. I've been back and forth with our ad management company all day on this issue and they assure me it is fixed and that people experiencing the issue may be caching the old code for. I'm not sure if that's the case but either way the premium account should fix the problem for you right away.
        If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Hey admin,
          I’m also getting the same issue. I’m also getting the issue frequently today where you click on a game and it says “this game has already been completed.”
          Speaking for the Wordtwist community, we appreciate your quick responses and constant action to continue to make the game we love great!

Comment

Thanks boysmom! I've upped you to premium as well for the next week.

I ended up switching out the ad code completely last night and will run several tests today to make sure the old code has been flushed from the system before making it live again.
            If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

This is what I get on my Android phone as of midnight today. It's still happening now for every advertisement.

Screenshot_20240130-001834_Chrome.jpg

Comment

Thanks Lalatan - this is my fault, I've been rushing around trying to install fixes for the other problem and didn't sufficiently test out the new code on mobile. I've rolled it back now for mobile users, please let me know if its fixed for you now.

Comment

Yes, it's back to normal now. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks! While it was annoying for WordTwist, it also covered portions of jigsaw puzzles, making it impossible to work on those portions. I tried to get a screen shot, but the app I use for that, which awakens when I don't want it to, refused to cooperate for this application! Typical, right? LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X