No announcement yet.

What makes an acrostic puzzle fun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you'd like to see different kinds of quotes and authors, by all means, suggest them here. I'm a one-man-show on this site, so by default you're going to only get quotes from authors and sources that I personally think are worth using based on my own tastes and predilections. I'm always game for exploring new authors/titles/quotes.
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Maybe I'm out of step with most folks, but I just like solving the puzzles. I swear, it's never occurred to me to like or dislike a puzzle based on what I think of the author of the quotation, or whether or not the quotation inspired me, or whether I concurred with the quotation's sentiment(s), or whether some of the clues were drawn from knowledge-bases I'm unfamiliar with. For example, I think Ayn Rand was a nitwit and I've completed multiple puzzles in which her work was quoted, but never for an instant did I consider posting a complaint about the use of her work or composing a screed about why I don't care for her writing or her philosophy.

I just like doing the puzzles. Keep 'em coming. They're a blast.
      Last edited by Vladimir; 07-06-2021, 12:48 PM.

Comment

I agree completely. Just having these puzzles is great. Very much appreciated, no matter the subject or the quality of the writing.

Comment

It's clear I have been both ungrateful, and ungracious.
          For which I can only apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by sionnach57 View Post
            It's clear I have been both ungrateful, and ungracious.
            For which I can only apologize.
            I edited my original post here (my first post ever) after I noticed the "Member" vs. "Premium Member" tags next to posters' screen names. I had originally led with something like, "For Pete's sake, the site is free . . ." Now that I realize some people are paying members, even if the premium membership is inexpensive, I'm less inclined to feel strongly about "complaints" from those members. But for non-paying members, like me, I'd say put up or shut up. (In my most friendly tone of voice, of course.)

Comment

I'm one of those paying members, but I still enjoy doing all the puzzles, and I'm very grateful that this site exists. I think it's definitely worth the $ to eliminate distracting ads.

Comment

Thank you for asking this question. I’ve been doing acrostics for many years, from wherever I can find them. And for a couple of years, I was a constructor, which was VERY fun and gave me insights into solving. I’d love to do it again.

I like literary quotes, witty quotes, funny quotes, and quirky quotes. Doesn’t matter where they’re from. And I’m fascinated by the link to the books on the Amazon website, which shows me books I would never look at twice on my own. I’ve read a few of them, and just poked around some others.

I’m a paid subscriber (can’t stand the ads), and I consider this website very inexpensive therapy.
                Thank you again,
                Christine

Comment

I've yet to solve an acrostic that I didn't enjoy. I come for the daily brain exercise. I will often go and look up the book that the quote is from if it sounds interesting. Clues have led me to look up further information too... and sometimes sent me on a search that has left me forgetting I'm supposed to be solving a puzzle! Thanks for the puzzles and a site that is reliable and never glitches.

Comment

I do care what the quotes contain, and I do thumbs up when I have enjoyed them. Lovely and funny quotes are my favorite. Same goes for clues; I give thumbs up for the funny clever ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X