Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 2021 Updates

Hi everyone -

Another good-sized puzzle update is incoming over the next 1-2 weeks - roughly 8,000 brand new puzzles and 10,000 new clues. I've also been going through all puzzle comments and working through all of your suggested fixes and error alerts. Just about 600 left on that front before I'm fully caught up. Thank you as always for your feedback via the comments form - it has been, and continues to be, an enormous help in keeping these puzzles as streamlined and as accurate as possible.

I will post again here once the puzzles are officially live.

Thanks again,
    Stephen

If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Thanks for all your hard work. As one of many who really enjoys this, I think you deserve a lot of credit. I hope you are addressing my pet peeve - the multitude of clues that contain negative terms for mental illness ("nuts ... crazy ... loony", etc.). As a psychologist, I know that people are hurt by these words. Thanks again.

Comment

jugl11, I didn't realize that someone else was also concerned about the negative terms for mental illness. I haven't seen any in these Acrostics for quite a while. I am a retired professional Social Worker, which is why it bothered me. Stephen, I also appreciate your hard work and patience, which is why I joined.

Comment

Originally posted by jugl11 View Post
        I hope you are addressing my pet peeve - the multitude of clues that contain negative terms for mental illness ("nuts ... crazy ... loony", etc.). As a psychologist, I know that people are hurt by these words. Thanks again.
        Please keep sending in comments as and when you find them - I've removed quite a few problematic terms and will continue to do so where merited.

The first 2,600 new puzzles have gone live this morning. Should have the rest up by April 9th.

* There was an initial bug where keys and quotes (on the game over page) weren't displaying properly for new puzzles. This should now be fixed.
        If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

All new puzzles - nearly 8,000 for this month - are now live.

Comment

Thank you so much, Stephen! All your effort is greatly appreciated.
            My mind boggles at how much work must be involved in setting up that number of puzzles and clues.
            Big thanks.

Comment

It would be great to add 2 stats to our personal sections - total records and current records

Comment

Would you be able to share with the contestants how the scores are computed for the crostic puzzles? There are three possible variables - number of clues (points), success rate and solution time but I can't see the way these are combined to develop a score.

Comment

Working...
                X