Lag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag?

Anyone else experiencing problems the past 2 or 3 days? I'm seeing lags in loading puzzles, as well as lags in letters appearing on the board after being typed in. More annoyingly, I've had three puzzles reload on me in the middle of solving them. Perhaps this is all related to the new ads on the site? Any feedback would be welcome!

Hi Patience -

What browser and operating system are you using when this happens? I'll see if I can replicate it here.
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

I'm on a 9th generation ipad running Safari under OS 15.3.1. Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks! So far I can't replicate it on my 5th gen ipad but I'm still on OS 14. Will upgrade tomorrow and see if OS15 might be doing something funky.
        If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

I’m on a 5th gen 15.4.1. I’m having the problems with the letters being slow and also have had puzzles randomly restart.

Comment

Hmmm, yes, I definitely see an occasional typing lag on IOS 15+. Can you tell me when a puzzle "randomly restarts" - does that mean the entire page refreshes on its own, or just the grid goes instantly blank? I've not yet been able to replicate that.

EDIT: I've made some changes as of 5am that hopefully will eliminate the issue. Please let me know if things improve on iPad.

Comment

The random restart (at least for me) means that the entire page spontaneously refreshes. Thanks for your attention to this; I'll let you know later today if any issues persist.

Comment

Just happened again for me. If the time started over as well it wouldn’t be so annoying lol

Comment

The lag seems mostly gone, and I thought all was well - but I had another random reload just now. Luckily this happened before I started the puzzle, so I didn't lose much time, perhaps just a few seconds, but it's still annoying (as breldan politely puts it).

Comment

The iOS15 reload problem may be related to a new "feature" in iOS15 Safari in which pulling and dragging any webpage from the top of the screen will force that page to automatically reload/refresh.

iOS 15: How to Quickly Refresh a Webpage in Safari - MacRumors

A downward swipe on any webpage‌ is all it takes to refresh a webpage in Safari. This alternative to having to tap on the reload icon is especially useful if you like to keep the address bar at the top of the screen, where tapping the reload icon can be less convenient.

I've had it happen myself a few times since I upgraded to iOS15 and didn't realize what was happening until I googled the issue. Apparently you can modify your Safari settings to get rid of this behavior, but there's nothing I can find code-wise on my end that would prevent it.

Comment

I don't think this is my issue - swiping down on a webpage brings up the Notification Center only, i.e. the page doesn't refresh. Thanks anyway for your help so far.

Comment

I've had this happen on my laptop lately too. Occasionally typing freezes on a letter. I thought maybe I was bumping my touchpad -- reclicking on the cell seems to get it to start again -- but maybe this is the same issue others are experiencing. I've also had one puzzle disappear in the middle in the last week or so.

Comment

I'm also getting a lot of lag, using Google Chrome on a Samsung Chromebook. Perhaps it's related?

Comment

I've always had trouble with my MacMini. Have you Mac users downloaded Monterey?

Comment

Working...
                            X