There is a problem with puzzle #60139395

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a problem with puzzle #60139395

Icheck all the answers to the clues and the puzzle saying and they all make sense. Also this is one on the 1% of puzzles that the saying does not show up on the internet. I tried all of the sentences and never got a hit. I put in the author and title and got references to the book but no excerpts.

Has anyone noticed recently that the puzzle answers will just disappear, as if you have typed in mo answers at all ? And frequently too! It is always just near the end, when you only have s few letters to enter before submitting it. What is happening? Sooooooo frustrating!!

Comment

Happened to me yesterday - just 2 or 3 squares left to fill in, and then the screen flashed and everything I'd done was gone. Funnily enough, the onscreen keyboard disappeared as well so I had to reload the page multiple times before it reappeared and I could resolve pretty much the entire puzzle. Rather annoying to be sure.

Comment

so that's how people solve these puzzles so fast - they just search the internet!

Comment

Originally posted by magyansam View Post
          so that's how people solve these puzzles so fast - they just search the internet!
          Well, at least one of the folks here with suspiciously low scores finally came out and admitted to their cheating.

Comment

Gosh, briang, you are just a ray of sunshine, aren't you?

Comment

The problem with the "looking it up on the internet" theory of cheating is that if you do that, you will never set a record for that puzzle because of the time it takes to look something up. Almost all of the records are the result of someone playing the same puzzle multiple times and remembering the answers/clues. Notice how many records are set by the person who already has the record for that puzzle

Comment

I will admit to occasionally looking something up. If I can't provide more than one or two answers on my own and am absolutely stumped, I will look up something from the periodic table or a musical clue that is totally obscure to me. I don't even consider that cheating, because I am not in competition. I solve in order to occupy my mind and to learn things. And if I look something up, I am doing those things. But yes, it certainly is time-consuming and would not help me win any records.

Comment

Just had another game that wouldn't announce a correct solution even though I was sure that it was correct. I paused the game and put in the same letters and huzzah, my solution was now deemed correct. Some bug lurks behind the scenes.

Comment

How do you pause a game?

Comment

Just go to a different browser page, then back to the puzzle baron acrostics page. At top of page, click on 'recent games'. Hit that and you can start over on the same puzzle. It does not just pick up where you left it, the puzzle will be blank.

Comment

Check out Air Random's new string of ridiculous records under the "records" banner.

Comment

Working...
                        X