Acrostic puzzle error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acrostic puzzle error

I don't see anyway to get a message to the admin so I'm posting this here. When I tried I got an error message saying that Admin's mailbox had exceeded its allowable size?????

There is an error in puzzle #61883082. I was not able to get a valid 'solution' but I double-checked my clue answers which were all OK. Then I found the quote on the interne and my solution was the same as the quote that I found except for one instance where the solution gave 'the' and the book quote was 'a'. Also "center" in my solution and "centre" in the quote but if I used the quote spelling it messed up the clues so obviously whoever setup the puzzle changed to the US spelling. By erroneously not giving credit it spoils people's ability to get a 'perfect' month.

Another thought, allowing you to post a comment AFTER getting a SOLUTION is useless if the issue is that it is impossible to correctly answer the puzzle. The puzzle supposedly has a 51.2% success but that is impossible.

Have had that happen a couple of times. I went to Recent Puzzles and then hit Try Again. I typed in exactly what I had already done, and the answer was accepted. Apparently all systems have glitches.

Comment

It happened yet again. I completed a puzzle, A Fine Balance, with no hints. When I tried to submit, would not. So, I requested a hint, but no blue letters appeared, then I tried to submit again, and was successful. In other words, my Acrostics puzzle was correct the first time I tried to submit it. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
      X