No announcement yet.

Cheaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to feel sorry for anyone so pathetic that they feel the need to cheat on an acrostics site. For what it's worth, there's one name I see constantly coming up as having solved puzzles in less time than it would take most people to read the clues.

Comment

I've been playing acrostics here for well over 10 years. I used to frequently score in the top 10 or top 20 on both scores and fastest times. Like the rest of you, I now find it impossible to get those kind of scores, given the numbers of games some people seem to be playing and the incredibly fast times. Incidientally, I still manage to score in either the "very fast" or "fast" categories, and I am certainly no genius.

I appreciate all the work that the moderators do to try to keep the scores kosher, but as someone pointed out, there's probably a problem with cheating on ANY internet site. Cheaters will always be cheaters.

My conclusion? I now just play for the enjoyment of playing. In fact, I no longer play the shorter puzzles, as I get more satisfaction out of playing each one for several minutes instead of just a minute or two.

Comment

Working...
      X