AUGH what am I missing????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUGH what am I missing????

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Below the lighted 3-prong piece that isn't fully connected there is a right-angled piece. Click that 2 times and then connect it to the light that is to its left. Then below that light, turn the three-prong piece twice and connect it to the light that is right below it. Next to this light now, the three-prong piece to the right should be right-clicked once. Above this is a right-angled piece that can be left-clicked once to connect it to the piece below. You should be able to see the last few turns that solve the puzzle after this.

Sorry if my explanation wasn't clear enough. Feel free to ask any questions.

Comment

Thanks for breaking it down for me; that was the first puzzle that outright defeated me and I really thought I was losing my tiny mind!

Comment

No problem! The more convoluted patterns of reasoning are hard to wrap your head around especially if you have a tendency to just sort of click the first thing to come to mind (like me). Like the first thing that came to mind when I saw this was to immediately flip the first unconnected 3 prong piece around and try to work in the top-half area above the battery. This obviously wouldn't work (it would turn all the neat vertical patterning horizontal and disrupt the connections to the lights at the very top) so I looked to the bottom half, which lead me to figure out how to actually solve it. You'll get better at this sort of thinking over time as you develop an intuition and think up more strategies to help escape mental blocks.

Comment

If I'm not careful, I get to thinking that what I have done so far is right. I have to consciously "Think outside the box" and to look for an alternate solution. Once I get outside that box and try different things, it all falls together properly.

Comment

Yup, my incorrect "chains of reasoning" end up connecting the dots in a way that contradicts something down the line. If I'm stuck at a part that I can't immediately and intuitively solve, I spend a bit of time considering several options to see which one fits better. If I don't have the capacity to do that, since the "chains of reasoning" are too long, or there are too many possibilities that I can't quickly narrow down, I find it more efficient to work on another part of the puzzle to eliminate some of the possibilities. That way, I can more clearly see what needs to happen so that everything falls together.

Comment

Schoolart Care to elaborate?

Comment

Schoolart that's a wide-ranging connection you've made there..

Comment

Working...
                X