Is this one of them? Sorry if you've already caught it, but in case you haven't, Clue #2 isn't necessary here: https://clueprint.puzzlebaron.com/share.php?c=3DMGJGPA
Welcome to the new site!
Collapse
X
-
-
You're 100% right - working now to resolve it (and any other puzzles with a similar setup). Thanks!
If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!Comment
-
Enjoying the new puzzle. Took a minute to get the hang of all the interaction options, but worth it
Any chance we could get a "Restart" or "Clear Puzzle" button? I had a puzzle I got deep into when I realized I made a mistake early on and spent quite a bit of time using the "Undo" button to get back to the beginning. Thanks!Comment
-
Restart button is a bit hidden under the Settings - click the gear, and you should see "Restart" button at the bottom-right area of Settings options.
If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!Comment
-
For puzzle #55024, I'm pretty sure that Helen and Edwin have two viable solutions that don't violate the clues. The hint here says that Helen must be in A3 and Edwin on B4, but I believe that Helen could be on B3 and Edwin on A4 and the solution would still be valid. Unless I've missed something else.
Attached FilesComment
-
Helen + Edwin + Lucille (3 doors) = 9 doors
therefore
Helen + Edwin = 6 doors
If Edwin was in A4 he'd have 4 doors (Grand Hall) + and Helen in B3 would have 3 doors (Dining Room) = Total of 7 doors
If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!Comment
-
Ahh, yes that makes sense. I think I started to get a bit of "door blindness" and missed the door between the dining room and landing. (I know about the rooms tab and the other view that counts the doors in the rooms as well, but missed that here.)Comment
-
-
Thanks mybluedecember - I will check. In the future, it's a bit easier for me to check these if you click the "Share" button at the end of the puzzle and copy/paste the resulting URL here.
If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!Comment
-
clue.png
Re: 60340, I get stuck at this spot when I don't use clue #5. I do see that you can "What if?" your way to a solution from here since there's only two ways G-R-V can be placed that will satisfy clue 2 and clue 6, and that one of those has Gregory in the murder room, Reece in the Office and Victoria in the Larder - which then leaves Isabelle in 2 possible spots in the Arcade and Stephen in 2 possible spots in the Salon (both in the same 2 rows). Since Isabelle's potential locations and Stephen's potential locations are both "swappable" (either combination would work) that means there would be no unique solution if that were the case, and the rules are that every puzzle has one unique solution, therefore Gregory cannot be in the murder room.
Is that how you solved it from here without clue #5, or did you use a different method?
If that was the route you took that's perfectly a valid way to go about it - but my policy is to never release a puzzle that requires "trial and error" or "uniqueness invalidation" to solve, and this method I think strays a little too far into those areas. Which is why clue #5 is included, so that the solution can be reached with pure logic alone. (Unless I'm missing a deduction somewhere here, which is certainly possible!)
Attached Files
If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!Comment
-
Sorry, I will keep that in mind about the sharing the link!
Yes, I did look at "uniqueness invalidation" to solve this - good to know that's not necessary in any puzzle!👍 1Comment
























Comment