New Server, New Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATES:

1. Fixed retry bug where it would say "Puzzle not found" when you submitted a wrong crypto solution and then went back to fix - now all cryptograms with errors are alerted instantly instead of going to a new page and having to go back.

2. Fixed character encoding problem on author biographies.

3. Avatar images removed from comments to take up less space

4. Equals sign now centers puzzle in screen

5. Choose an Avatar page works now (but will take you to a nonsense code page, I have to still figure out a fix for that)

6. Average Solve Time returned to "This Month" and "Last Month" statistics

7. Competitive mode is now a settable option again under "Settings"

8. Set all unset birthdays to 01-01-1970 instead of 01-01-1000 to prevent "Invalid birth date" errors. If you want to reset your birthday you can do so under your profile settings.

9. Links in cryptogram comments will now be truncated again

10. Font size increased in chat box - chat box messages increased to 15. I will look at implementing a chat history later, but chat messages are intended to be ephemeral, longer conversations should take place on the forum.

11. User ranks are now published on your Profile page under "Overall Rank".

Thanks everyone (especially LLapp) for your feedback!
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Hi Stephen. The equal sign issue still seems ongoing to me. Am I doing something wrong? The puzzle isn't centered when I press it as it used to be with the old version ... and I lose a few seconds on every puzzle because of it. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Fudi -

Does anything at all happen when you hit the equal key? Or just nothing, full stop?

Also, does it center when you click on the small red down-facing arrow?

If you could let me know what device and browser you're using I'll keep digging. Thanks!
        If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Deanna, I set one and did get the animation, it just took a very long time (10+ seconds).

Comment

It's working for me now, too...sure missed it when it was down...so much fun to see!!!

Comment

Hi Stephen. The little red arrow does do what the = symbol used to ... but the = symbol does absolutely nothing (seemingly) when I press it. Thanks for clueing me in to the red arrow functionality ... but I'd still rather use the = symbol, if possible, to do that centering because I can do that with one finger while my hands rest in the typing position on the keyboard. For me to click on the red arrow, I have to move my right hand away from the alpha keys and to the mouse and I lose precious seconds in so doing.

My device ... well, it's a laptop - Lenovo ideapad 330, to be precise. And Chrome.

I appreciate your hard work!!

Comment

WOW, Stephen, you've cleaned up so much! The site is working really well.

For any remaining issues, do you prefer to hear about them by email or here on this thread, or in the chat box?

Comment

Fudi - I think I have it fixed now in Chrome, please let me know.

LLapp - email is best, I might miss it in the chat or on the forum. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks, Stephen!! My equal sign is working fantastically now! I appreciate your help!

Comment

I'm very impressed by the speed with which you fixed all these issues. You have my sincere thanks.

Comment

Hi Stephen:

On the Forum, we used to be able to go to the last page of a thread. This was very useful!

Comment

The "Save changes" button in the Account tab of user settings always gives an error: "Email addresses must match".

Comment

Originally posted by kimmie View Post
                            Hi Stephen:

On the Forum, we used to be able to go to the last page of a thread. This was very useful!
                            This should be available now.

Comment

Originally posted by YorkiesRule View Post
                              The "Save changes" button in the Account tab of user settings always gives an error: "Email addresses must match".
                              Hmm, I'm not able to replicate this issue so far - what info are you trying to change there when this happens?

Comment

Stephen, thanks for all your hard work. You are amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X