Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Solvers Data - Take 2

Hi everyone -

The initial roll out of the "Top Solvers" lists was a bit screwy - thanks to LLapp and others who pointed out the bugs. I've spent the last day recompiling all the old solve data and I think I've got it sorted now. The final script is currently running which means puzzles may have conflicts "All Time Record" and "Top Solvers" data showing for the next 1-2 hours while it is finishing up processing all our quotes. By around noon eastern today I expect we should be all caught up and the stats should be accurate.

Some people were asking why 2014 was poorly represented in the data... its because we've had a few glitches over the years where databases have crashed and backups got corrupted. The new "Top Solvers" lists compiles about nine different SQL backups I've been able to cobble together from the last 12 years. It has *most* of the solve data from the site but some unfortunately is either lost for good or in a completely unusable format due to data corruption- 2014 being a good example. The only data we have from that year (mostly) are new all-time records that happened to be set in 2014. So you'll see a few scores in there from that year, but not very many.

We standardized on a much better data schema in 2015 so all data from then on is complete.

Thanks!

Stephen

If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Hi Stephen-

The migrated site is really fantastic! Thanks for all of your efforts!

Here is an example of a top time possibly not reflected. Example is for one of the new puzzles. https://screenshots.firefox.com/TUOi6dznsX2tRRIK/cryptograms.puzzlebaron.com

Thanks!
    Kerrie

Comment

Stephen, the amount of work you have put into this site is astounding. Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CryptoB View Post
        Hi Stephen-

The migrated site is really fantastic! Thanks for all of your efforts!

Here is an example of a top time possibly not reflected. Example is for one of the new puzzles. https://screenshots.firefox.com/TUOi6dznsX2tRRIK/cryptograms.puzzlebaron.com

Thanks!
        Kerrie
        Not sure I follow? I see Jim's comment about 75 seconds, but that's on the list.
        If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

He didn't state the actual time but indicated on Dec 22 '18 his time was better. I know, not very clear.

Comment

He referenced the 75 second time and said he "did better then than now" - meaning he did worse than 75 seconds on his second try. At least that's my reading of it. :-)

Comment

Haha! Funny guy )

Comment

Everything seems correct now - every time I see a comment about a record time I check the list, and so far it's always been there. Great job, Stephen!

Comment

Ok, found one that appears missing. Prezkot with 17 second time.

Puzzle #76664270

Thanks for checking this one out, Stephen!

Kerrie

Comment

2014 scores were mostly lost due to data corruption. Full explanation is in the first post at the top of this thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X