Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Competition?

Hello all,

You probably haven't see me on the forums before; I am a high school student currently competing in Science Olympiad and my main event is Codebusters (an event based on cryptography/cryptanalysis that I strongly encourage anyone who sees this to give a look). I was thinking that there could be a monthly competition for records on quotes rather than simply a speed competition. This could possibly show a more accurate representation of the top solvers and also provide a fun challenge that wasn't quantifiable before. I also thought that it could reward (or less severely punish than the current system) those who try to solve for high percentage rates as well (which I tend to struggle with due to my impatience) and take a bit of an edge from those who solely pursue shorter quotes for faster times.

Thanks for your comment, will0416. Many of us were wondering who you were, with your incredibly fast times. I am impressed that you are a high school student! A lot of us are much older, just trying to keep our brains active. Good luck with your Codebusters competition. Hopefully the site administrator will see your comment and consider your suggestion.

Comment

Hey, I do that event too in Science Olympiad! I think that's a good idea. I hope that admin reads your suggestion.

Comment

Thank you, Eureka and nedzeppelin1453! Also nedzepllin1453, are you going to nationals this year? We could be competing against each other (maybe in the same testing block).
        Last edited by will0416; 05-02-2019, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I was second in my state (NC) but my team didn't make it to nationals.

Comment

Ayyyy I also do Code!! See you at nats haha, but we're C26 so I don't think we'll be in the same session

Comment

hey i do codebusters too!! wings is my partner lol. good luck at nats, will! it'd be cool if we run into each other

Comment

Good luck to both of you too! It's kind of curious how you know what school I go to but thanks for the well wishes (I assume it's because of scioly forums).

Comment

Will, I just noticed you set a 3 second record! Wow---awesome job! I've never seen anything faster than a 4 so far...

Comment

Thank you Deanna!

Comment

Three seconds? Wow!!! That is amazing, will0416! I think I'm just blinking after three seconds, ha ha!

Comment

wow! will, do you remember the quote?

Comment

I sure wish I did. I didn't realize that I hadn't seen other 3 second times before and just thought that it was a personal record of my own.

Comment

Working...
                          X