Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the hardest puzzle you have ever solved or attempted to solve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the hardest puzzle you have ever solved or attempted to solve?

What puzzle is impossible for you?

"Hindsight bias makes surprises vanish" - by Daniel Kahneman. It took me 3 hours to actually solve that one the first time! The next time I got it, though, I recognized it and took the record!

Comment

he who diggeth a pit shall fall therein

Comment

Ironically, I've spent the past 44 years as an accountant, yet I've never been able to get the hang of Sudoku. OTOH, my wife, who needs to count the spots on a domino to know the point count, excels at it.

Comment

Know safety no injury.

Comment

"Action cured fear inaction created terror." Some internal punctuation might have helped.

Comment

I agree with oddcouple, I can solve cryptograms, crosswords, acrostics, and logic puzzles but cannot get the hang of suduko. I'm a word person, not a number person.

Comment

I just solved a real killer:

'Two-lane blacktop isn't a highway - it's an attitude.'- Unattributed.

Most of you will probably have less difficulty with it, because you're probably familiar with the meaning of "blacktop".
                Last edited by Descifrador; 05-31-2019, 11:19 PM.

Comment

There's one puzzle with the word "busyness," NOT "business." Drove me wild trying to find out what I was doing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                    There's one puzzle with the word "busyness," NOT "business." Drove me wild trying to find out what I was doing wrong.
                    Nautilus, I feel your pain and I also love that your struggle with that one-letter difference is a great example of the distinction between busyness and business. Very meta, as my son would say.

Comment

Working...
                    X