Need help w/crypto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help w/crypto

I am new to this site, I am working on a cryptogram and need assistance, several folks on Facebook suggested I give you all a try anyone interested?

Let us know what it is and I'm sure someone can help you, doingit.

Comment

It is a 3 part crypto: Consisting of 10 lines each ending in "is worth 1", "is worth 2"... with the last one (following 9) saying "is worth 0" there is a hint both before and after the lines, before reads: "Good sense is the sense of misinterpretation and vice-versa." After is a picture of the 7 musical notes in this order: BAGFEDC w/a musical note drawn in the background.

Example:
      Good sense is the sense of misinterpretation and vice-versa
      1) 19.9.13.12.15.19.18.21.15.9.19 is worth 1
      2) 12.15.19.18.21.15.9.19.18.9.13.8.15.4 is worth 2
      etc...

Please note answer will be in French!

Comment

And thank you so much any help is greatly appreciated! Google translator is a lot of help.

Comment

Doingit, does the puzzle give spaces between words? This challenge is beyond my abilities in any case, but if anyone out there is up to it, I'm sure word spaces would help.

Comment

The only spaces are between "is worth" and in the first clue which is written and spaced normally (the 2nd clue is of course is the picture and there is nothing else there).

Comment

It's difficult to understand your answer, because you don't use any punctuation and some of your phrasing doesn't make any sense.

Also, you have not provided us with the whole puzzle yet. You posted only the first two lines and then "etc". What exactly are you asking us?

Comment

It is a riddle that is probably parts of directions to a location, or descriptions of any area!

Comment

Post the entire puzzle, not just the first two lines.

Comment

You lost me at "Please note answer will be in French!" Hopefully someone else is up for the challenge.

Comment

This is a 25 year old treasure hunt no one has ever been able to solve, I saw it on t.v. and started working on it. I love riddles and that is basically what this is "lots of riddles"!
                      Here is the rest of this cryptography puzzle (other clues in the puzzle have been in riddle form only 4 were in crypto form):
                      9.13.16.16.9.13.9.5.18 worth 3
                      25.1.12.14.18.9.13.16.9.13 worth 4
                      8.15.4.1.12.9.19.18.15.1.6 worth 5
                      18.9.13.13.5.18.18.1.12.18.9.13.12.15.19 worth 6
                      20.18.21.15.15.4.9.18.9.13.8 worth 7
                      9.13.18.9.15.19.19.9 worth 8
                      15.4.1.12.14.18.1.12.10 worth 9
                      19.18.9.13.12.15.19.14.1.12 worth 0

I am asking for any help you may be able to give in solving the crypto (this is far beyond me), I only know the very basics about cryptography (replacement) but I am usually very good with riddles. It makes it much more difficult that it is all in French but so much more fun!

This is one of the other cryptos it is very vague not really any clues to go with it just:
                      A 2424-42-424-44-224-24-42-24, emprunte l'orthogonal (sort of means "all at right angles" something to do with a spiral)

Comment

They call these armchair treasure hunts, you are supposed to be able to solve them without every leaving your home. This particular hunt just has some really challenging twists in it!

Comment

Je ne sais rien.

Comment

This is one of the puzzles from On the Trail of the Golden Owl. This particular part has been solved (although the final solution of the whole book is still unknown), so if you want the answer, you could find it on Wikipedia. The English version of the page has more info than the French one, oddly.

But if you're just wanting a hint, think about "do-re-mi". Also, each solution is a place name.

Comment

Thank you so much!!! Yes I wanted help so I can to it myself, some of the answers they have come up with I believe are incorrect, at the very least I want to double check!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X