Overriding ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overriding ads

In the middle of solving I get ads the dim out my screen and I have to start over. Can anything be done?

Well, I know one thing you can do is to pay to become a premium member of the site. You won't see ads anymore of any kind if you do that, I believe.

What you're describing happens to me occasionally too ... I do hope there's another solution.

Comment

In the first place, you do not have to pay to become a premium member unless it is because you don't want the ads. I have never had seen any stuff get into my solving - that doesn't happen because you think you should pay. Some body is just using it and its not Puzzle Baron that is doing it.

Comment

Ive been a member here for 12 years and I don't pay because I don't care if the ads are there anyway. They aren't bothering any of my puzzles.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbum View Post
          In the middle of solving I get ads the dim out my screen and I have to start over. Can anything be done?
          Fishbum, you should notify Stephen about this problem. Playing for free means you agree to view ads while you play, not that you agree to let ads prevent you from playing. I recall that Stephen has fixed similar problems for other players in the past. His email address is puzzlebaron@gmail.com.

Comment

Hi Fishbum, I have been a member for 8 years and have played without ads the entire time. I use Kaspersky, a paid anti-virus program. You can try it with a 30 day trial. There are also other ways. I found this article https://www.instructables.com/id/How...2c-tracking-c/ My sons are nerds/geeks and have always solved problems when it comes to my computer, phone etc. I know there are other free adware, malware programs that you can use. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X