Name not showing up under "Previous Top Solvers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name not showing up under "Previous Top Solvers"

I've recently been scoring some pretty fast times, fast enough to place within the "Previous Top Solvers" list for a given puzzle. However, the list never updates after I complete the puzzle and my username is never included. Does anybody know why this is the case? Thanks in advance!

I think it just takes a while to update the top 20 list? A lot of times it'll say I have a record but have someone else in the #1 spot down below too.

Comment

I don't think it takes "a while". I think the top 20 list you see is the top 20 before the solve that you just finished. Your score and any comments you post after your solve aren't incorporated, I think, until immediately after you leave a particular puzzle. I think if you were to get the same puzzle 2x in a row (I've seen in the comments that that sometimes happens, though it's never happened to me), I think your score and any comments you posted the 1st time would be part of what you see on that 2nd solve. I could be wrong, but that is my assumption ...

Comment

That's what I originally thought too, but what I meant in my previous reply was that I've come back to puzzles that say I held the record already (rather than breaking the record on the current try) and scrolled down to a top 20 list void of my username.

Comment

I've also have had this happen to me before, including yesterday when I was recording records. Here's a screenshot: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...12/unknown.png. I ended up counting it as my record because I did not see the plane fly by.

Comment

I've seen that before also. The name at the top showing the record time does not match the #1 spot in the top 20 list. There is definitely a lag from when the person beats the record and when they get into the top 20 list. Maybe it is like the player ranking on the profile page, which doesn't get updated right away, I have noticed. It seems to happen at midnight EST.

Comment

My experience has been exactly what Fudi described. I've come back to the same quote very quickly after leaving a comment, and my new comment did appear. I don't have experience coming back quickly to a quote where I set a new record, so I can't verify that the new record posts just as quickly as the new comment.

Another possibility might be that you came back to a different instance of the same quote. Mysavinggrace, is it possible that's what happened for you? If the comments were the same, then it would be the same instance; if they were different, then it was a different instance.

Comment

This has happened to me, too. I wondered if it I had gotten a different instance of the same quote, but I actually remembered the top scorers and the comments, so I don't think so. I also feel like I've been seeing the same quotes multiple times more than I used to, which is odd, since so many new quotes have been added to the site.

Comment

I do check the top 20 solvers on many puzzles, but not all. If I have a "very fast", in particular. I check to see if that will put me on there in the future. Sometimes, even though I'm "very fast", there are at least 20 "very fasters". Sometimes when I check, I'm on that list already for a previous solve of the puzzle. When that happens, it's interesting to see if I have beat my previous time, which usually moves me up a few names on the list. I never worry about whose times beat me, they earned it. The only dismay I have is when I make the list for the first time and I see a name in the 20th spot that will drop off and I know can never come back and reenter it. For example, I have felt the love for "pootie", although I never made her acquaintance but is so clearly missed my many. And if she was in the 20 spot, I feel a little sadness to displace her from the list..

Comment

Working...
                  X