help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

I got this cryptogram and as far as I know I solved it.When I hit the check button it said there was an error. Now.... if there was, I couldn't find it, so I lost my solving percentage. If someone can find my mistake then please tell me. Here it is...
    Alexander Pope

A person who is too nice an observer of the crown, like one who is too curious in observing the labor of bees,will often be stung for his curiosity.

now.. tell me. what else could it be?

I don't mind being wrong, but if I'm not, then I am slightly pissed off. I spend too much time on this site for this to happpen. I almost hope there is someone who can figure out what I did wrong.

nice is wise

A person who is too WISE an observer of the crown, like one who is too curious in observing the labor of bees, will often be stung for his curiosity.

Comment

Wise doesn't work

I did think of that...Unfortunately it did not work because of the common letter N in "nice" and "crown". In that cryptogram using "wise" would have rendered "crown" to read "sroww". Thanks for taking the time to reply though. I wish I could have figured it out.

Comment

Crown is crowd?

Would this work?

A person who is too nice an observer of the CROWD, like one who is too curious in observing the labor of bees,will often be stung for his curiosity.

It's amazing the difference a letter can make.

Comment

Crowd...

I got that one a few days ago... I thought it was crown.... then finally changed it to "crowd".... which is the correct answer, but it took me a while to figure it out.

Comment

Working...
          X