Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Upgrade

Hi folks -

Just a quick apology for this morning's downtime. We were told by our web host that today's server upgrade would be handled with no downtime interruptions but obviously that wasn't the case.

Anyway, fingers crossed, things are looking good at this point and if you're seeing this message, you're on the new server. We probably lost a couple of hours of statistics during the downtime but hopefully apart from that there will not be any further issues.

If you notice anything on the site behaving differently or just plain broken, please email me at puzzlebaron@gmail.com and I will look into it immediately.

Thank you for your understanding!

Stephen
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

I played for 20 - 25 minutes while logged in, check "recent games" and - nothing. I played one more and it's there.

Comment

This is most likely because you were playing some on the old server and then your browser suddenly moved to the new server, all data sent to the old server during those few hours of transition is unfortunately stuck on the old server and can't be brought over. But hopefully going forward this issue will not recur.
      If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

The Crypto Twilight Zone displays some messages that didn't used to be there. Before the "Would you like to try another cryptogram?" link, there is text that reads, "Warning: strpos(): Empty needle in /home/pbusr/cryptograms.puzzlebaron.com/check2.php on line 135". Then, when we submit a comment there, we see something like, "Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/pbusr/public_html/global/template/shared/include_send_comment.php on line 23". Everything still appears to be working, but those showed up recently; I noticed them on the 13th.

Comment

Stephen, please don't touch Crypto Twilight Zone. It's a treasured haven for many here, and the conversation there is miles long.

Comment

Working...
          X