Success Rate Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success Rate Competition

Did anyone notice that the link under monthly competitions for the Success Rate competition has disappeared? Or is my pc nuts?

Hi damsel -

The Success Rate competitions have been phased out across all Puzzle Baron sites as of February 2021. It has always been a bit inaccurate due to the vagaries of internet connections, network problems, server issues, etc. (and therefore the subject of many complaints). We stopped including this feature in all sites starting in 2013. In the eight years since then the code has just gotten more and more out of sync with our newer, standardized codebase so it no longer made sense to support this feature.

Your Success Rate stats are still tracked and visible on your profile pages, and the high score rankings - and you will still need a 75% or greater success rate to be eligible for "fastest solver" competitions. But no more trophies will be awarded for Success Rate from this point forward. Old trophies will still appear in your profile page.
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Aw, man. I'm really going to miss it.

Comment

Thanks Stephen. By the way, I love the new Mahjong game. Thanks!

Comment

Kind of stinks. Most of my trophies were from success rate. I'm not very fast and can't even make top 20 on speed all the time. Hard to hit top three on points consistently.

Comment

Thank you for the update! Will certainly miss it because I often don't qualify for fastest solver and high score rankings. It was fun for a time.

Comment

the success rate was the only reason I played, this is very disappointing. the other two comps meant very little to me

Comment

Fooey!!!! The Success Rate was all I was good at and I won a lot of trophies for it. I can't type that fast and I don't have the time to build score points, but I take my time and have become extremely accurate, albeit plodding. I think you should bring it back. It seems like a lot of us want it. For any of you reading this and agree, we should band together and DEMAND that administration bring it back

Comment

sorry admin, but your reasoning is flawed. there are no vagaries when it coms to accuracy 100% is 100% I agree with DrCryptell and to do it with NO warning was cold

Comment

I was very disturbed when I saw it missing, as I used to get a lot of top 20s. Even a few top 10s. I'd also like to see it brought back. I did see some over 100% total in drop quotes, and in fact I had the top trophy for accuracy in November 2020 with 115.79%. I don't remember seeing the same problem in cryptograms, though, so please respectfully reconsider.

Comment

badbob...yes, there ARE vagaries in 100% as several of us noticed last month when we were listed as having missed quotes that we never did! And yes, recent games were checked and NO missed quote was showing.

Comment

I also feel that this is a wonderful service Admin is providing and we should support what he thinks is necessary to do. Especially if we are playing for free, like I am.

Comment

Success rate is still tracked, though. At least you get to see that "100%" maintained in your profile.....

Comment

I'm as disappointed as some of you, but I think Stephen works very hard to attend to the games, and I am thankful for all that he does for us.

Comment

Admin: Not knowing anything about coding and what it takes to track these stats, it seems to me that it should be no harder to update and track success rates than it is to track speed or points. We all have seen the solve rates of 1 and 2 seconds and known that those speeds are unattainable and questionable at best. Perhaps others are questioning 100% success rates? And hence the elimination of success rate? Maybe you should get rid of speed records as well...just to be fair.
                              The Success Rate competion has been my carrot on a stick. It's been great fun to scheme and plot and solve, jump ahead, fall back, do just 5 more, start dinner a bit later than planned and find myself in at least the top 20.

Comment

Working...
                              X