No announcement yet.

Where i was born

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were there June 20-25, 2012. The vistas took my breath away.

Comment

I was there in mid-August 2012, so close! I'm going to change my avatar to a picture I took on that trip, of Peyto Lake, near Lake Louise.

Comment

I've only been to Canada once, no where near anything beautiful (long story). I was born in Melrose Park Illinois and haved lived in Illinois my entire life, first because of my Father's business, then my husband's.

Comment

Eureka, I'm going to message you some shots I took on that Alberta trip.

Comment

Thanks, skeeter!

Comment

My son went to Chicago a couple of years ago and was very impressed with the architecture, mmfs83. It looks like a beautiful city.

Comment

Hi Eureka and mmfs83, Yes, Chicago is a very diverse and exciting city, not only in it's architecture but both day and night life. We were there in 2019 for 2 weeks. (Although I was born and raised there, I left as a young adult, and the city has changed tremendously.) We highly recommend the architecture tours both the land and water tours, it's a wonderful city, lots to see and do all day and well into the night. Live jazz, parks, museums, live theatre, city tours...you name it, Chicago's got it. We'll be back within the next few years.

Comment

Near here.

Comment

Be careful Synonomous. It still has the amenities.. I grew up and stayed there because of my Father's business, and then my husband's But I do not go into the city or drive on it's expressways. It's not safe anywhere. We're stuck here because we built our second house in far north Illinois. The taxes are very high and I consider the government corrupt. I too enjoyed the architechtural tours (on the land and water) in better times. I'm sorry that I can no longer advise anyone to visit.

Comment

mmfs83, I quite understand what you mean. We travel the world and try to stay away from the areas in ALL major cities that smell of trouble -- we do our homework well in advance and respect our own curfew. Chicago can be a VERY dangerous city...so thanks for the word of caution; we still manage to enjoy its finer side when we go.

Comment

Working...
                      X