No announcement yet.

Andy451

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To perhaps state the obvious: Does Andy's "name" have anything to do with "Fahrenheit 451?"

Comment

I've wondered the same for years TimmyTee. We may never know.

Comment

He's back! I remember seeing something (I think by Llapp) on another forum link I can't find now, about someone who had just died who sounded a lot like Andy, and I found it very convincing (and sad). But to my surprise, I recently found two new (2022) comments from Andy - the one I saw today was classic Andy, starting as an offbeat humorous stream-of-consciousness rant, and ending as an informed and intelligent contribution about the author of the quote. I for one am happy to have him back. At his best, he's very funny and sharp, while at his worst, you can just skip over it. I don't know why some people get so upset over him, and I wish everyone would refrain from the eternal "take your meds" comment after his long ones, which is really not funny and makes light of a serious issue that may or may not apply to Andy.

Comment

I agree with you completely! I'm glad he's back, too. Hopefully the negative comments will cease.

Comment

New Andy451 comments? I can't wait! He's definitely got a unique mind and some of his comments really are brilliant. I wish he'd comment in the Chat Box and let us know where he's been.

Comment

I've seen new ones, too! I think you have to read quite a few long Andy comments in order to get his style -- that's probably where the "meds" and "we need a length limit" comments come from.

Comment

Working...
              X