Andy451

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy451

I don't know who Andy451 is, but I'm beginning to think s/he is a well know novelist. If so, I hope they have been collecting these gems, along with the quote they accompany and notes from the author so they can be collected into a volume to be published posthumously. I just had a thought that it might be Tom Robbins.

Andy251 has not posted anything for over three years. I have been solving cryptos for sixty years so I find it difficult to believe that he would just walk away. I don't know if admin. or other players have a way of keeping track of players that stop playing it would be interesting to find out Andy is or was an interesting character

Comment

Badbob, I recall seeing a quote comment from Andy451 date-stamped in 2019.

Comment

I've been wondering about andy myself.

Comment

Andy451 has not been logged on since 2/25/2020.

Comment

I always thought Andy's stream of consciousness and wordplay posts sounded a lot like something Andy Partridge of XTC could write...

Comment

I think it's fantastic that Andy's such a mystery man (?) that we can't even come to consensus about when he or she was last seen here. omg. I would so love it if it turned out he or she was some famous somebody. I always hope that somebody here is somebody famous and that we hang out with them here all the time and aren't even aware of their glory.

Comment

Fudi wrote "I always hope that somebody here is somebody famous and that we hang out with them here all the time and aren't even aware of their glory." I love hanging out with all of you. I don't need to know someone famous, but there's a lot of famous Crypto solvers on here and you are about the friendliest crowd I've ever met. YOU are my glory.

Comment

That's really sweet, oddcouple! I agree...love this bunch!

Comment

Well, I, myself, am clearly one of the famous ones. Somebody's named a whole building after me! (Check out my new avatar. )

Comment

FUDI FAST! That's perfect!

Comment

It may possibly have been ironic, on the part of the building sign writers. They may have been making fun of me. Who knows? (Any publicity is good publicity, tho.)

Comment

Glad to see you finally got that avatar up! How's it feel to be famous?

Comment

I'm trying very hard not to let it go to my head ... trying to remember to be good to all the little people who helped me get here. Y'know.

Comment

I just read this bit of Andyness:

Andy451
                              July 15, 2015, 1:11 pm
                              Hey, all you bashers of Donald Trump out there. Sure, the guy wears a toupee. And admittedly he has an inflated sense of self-worth. And I'm not saying he isn't a gas bag bigger than the von Hindenberg. And once in a great while, say once a week, he puts his foot in his mouth like he did recently when he commented on immigration. Are you forgetting his good qualities? He has excellent taste in cuff links. He once gave a guy who was starving to death a half a box of saltines. And don't all the beautiful young girls in the Miss Teenage America Pageant just love him? And if you ever want to stay in a glitzy overpriced hotel room, and waste your life savings on black jack, the roulette wheel, and high stakes poker, what better man is there on earth than Donald Trump? Sure, the birther contro- versy campaign that he bankrolled to discredit the president didn't break his way. But is that any reason to say that Donald Trump is an alien? This is not right people! Just answer me one question and I'm out of here. Why is it that Stephen Colbert got away with pretending to be an idiot and every- body loved him? Donald Trump is the real deal, and suddenly even the conservative Republicans are bashing him, and spitting on the ground when ever his name is mentioned? This does not stand scrutiny, America. --Balder Dash Cheesecake Committee to Elect Trump President New England Region

More than ever, I think Andy451 is somebody notable.

Comment

Working...
                              X