aargh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aargh!

My computer locked up in the middle of a crypto and it took me 410 sec. to get it done finally! The main thing being that auto-fill doesn't work on the re-try page and since I had to close out the original window I couldn't hit the "back" button! I am VERY frustrated and I really hope the auto-fill feature gets fixed on the re-try page!!!!! AARGH! I need a new computer! One that works!

I'm done venting now. Thanks.

aargh

I hit a similar situation and closed and clicked retry again and got auto-fill the second time.

This time of year in Flori-duh, we get lots of thunderstorms, with accompanying (usually) brief power outages. My computer takes forever to reboot, and when I used Mozilla to 'restore' the session, it opened a new crypto, and I had to solve that before I could even retry the one I lost due to the power outage.

Comment

aargh!

Oh that would piss me off soooo bad! It's just so frustrating for us competetive folk....

Comment

autofill...

On re-do puzzles, autofill has never worked for me, so I have to go back and put all the letters in one at a time. On the last day of the June competition, I noticed I had lost my 100%, and there was a game that had registered, but never came up. I went back and solved it. It was already 40 minutes old, but it preserved 100%. It threw me from 16th to 17th on the time competiton.

Comment

Server Not Responding

I can really understand your frustration. I've been working against myself to bring my solve time down, and this afternoon had managed to bring it to 48.9. When I clicked on Check It after my last puzzle the server didn't respond, and I clicked on Retry about 7 times.

Then the phone rang. When I finally got back to Cryptograms I noticed that there was a puzzle sitting there for 3479 seconds. It was a really simple one that took about 25 seconds to solve, but my solve time went from 48.9 to 66.1!!!

Laura

Comment

yow!

Isn't that a b*tch!!!! Well...don't worry. With the amount of times I see your name under record time solved, I'm positive you'll bring it back down. I've gotten mine from (ack) 92.2 sec. down to 51.8...Hope it stays there!! You'll be just fine!

Comment

Wow

Good for you! Going from 92.2 down to 51.8 is very impressive. Keep up the good work. It sure is inspiring -- I don't think I'll be able to get back down to 48.9 anytime soon but maybe back to 56 which is where I wound up last month.

Laura

Comment

check it

I never click 'check it' anymore. When I enter my last letter, I just hit the 'enter' key and it checks it.

Comment

Is there any way to check your average time?

Comment

Average time

To my knowledge, you can only check it for the month - under scores and monthly competitions under your id.

Comment

record times

I think it would be interesting to be able to find out how many "record times" you personally hold. And others too, I suppose. I see a lot of the same names again and again, but it would be cool if I could see how many I hold. I always like to see my name there...

Comment

Records

Kat,

I agree. I don't know that I hold very many records, but I'd like to know how many. Obviously the faster you tend to do puzzles, the more overall you'd tend to hold.

Comment

Does anybody really know what time it is?

"I think it would be interesting to be able to find out how many 'record times' you personally hold."

Excellent call, kat. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing my record times enumerated.

Comment

time time time

Bansai, I think from what I've seen, that you would have many.

Comment

I would like to see how many people have tried a puzzle and how many have solved it. For example, when you finally manage to solve one with a solve rate of only 18.2%, it would be nice to know if it's been tried 103 times or only 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X