Has cryptograms.org dissed me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has cryptograms.org dissed me?

Can someone explain this to me? Every time I see my avatar in a thread, it lists me as junior member. Call me cocky, but I think I've gotten enough high score ribbons and fastest solver loving cups that I deserve a more elevated status. Does anyone know what I need to do to merit regular member status? I kinda feel like Jack Nicholson in that movie:

Col. Jessep: I would appreciate it if he would address me as Colonel or Sir. I believe I've earned it.
    Judge Randolph: Defense counsel will address the witness as Colonel or Sir.
    Col. Jessep: [to Judge] I don't know what the hell kind of unit you're running here.
    Judge Randolph: And the witness will address this court as Judge or Your Honor. I'm quite certain I've earned it. Take your seat, Colonel.

Dissed you?

They do the junior versus member based on your number of posts.

When you have 30 posts, you cease being junior and become member.

Have not gotten enough posts to see what it takes for senior member, though I'd guess 60 or more.

Comment

Senior member....

Back before the "Big Wipe Out" in February, I was a senior member. It used to be based on the number of posts. I used to write a lot on this site, and I was almost immediately a senior member. Then came the "Black Hole Moment" -- all was lost: the trophies, the scores, the rankings, and for better or worse: all the posts. There was a fine thread written by digirl and me (with other contributors) for beginners on "how to solve cryptograms". From the looks of the competition, no one needs any help like that anymore!
      bansai: who is your avatar?

Comment

Tony, my avatar is cellist Nina Kotova, who has actually appeared in European editions of Vogue. Contrary to popular belief, it is not digirl with her cello.

Comment

I thought the avatar was Jackie Du Pre, but this proved to be wrong. Digirl used to have her photo posted on this site. So did I, before the Big Black Out. Now, I posted a picture of the cat I inherited from an old uncle who died. He likes to visit cat sites on the 'net. He is intrigued with the wireless mouse. It is a big nuisance.

Comment

Oh, you can't solve cryptograms with a cat on your mouse, you can't solve cryptograms with a cat on your mouse, you can't solve cryptograms with a cat on your mouse, but you can be happy if you've a mind to!

Comment

Roger Miller

You could roller skate in a buffalo herd if you had a mind to. It just wouldn't be a prudent thing to do. However, I don't think it would be possible to go swimming in a football pool. You'd have to have a very transcendant mind to do that.

Comment

Roger Miller

I loved Roger Miller when I was young. "Two hours of pushing broom buys a 4 by 8 two bit room" - seemed pretty poor pay at the time. "He knows every lock that ain't locked when no one's around - King of the Road".... when I first heard that in the seventh grade, I couldn't figure out what it meant. Anyone under age 40 probably has never heard of Roger Miller.

Comment

My classmates were partial to "Chug-a-lug, Chug-a-lug," and yeah, I know just how much that dates me. I made up new lyrics to "King of the Road" after following campers and RVs over Hwy 12 (Missoula to Lewiston) in Idaho and called it "Pig of the Road."

Comment

Roger Miller

Tony, you do date yourself with that. That would make you roughly 55 or thereabouts.

Then again, I was in 10th grade when that song hit, so I'm not much of one to talk. And yes, that dates me as well.

Comment

Off...

Dear Maradnu... you are off by one year, alhtough I'm not saying which way... not that it really matters!

Comment

King of the Road

When I was a young man back in Wisconsin in the '70s, my high school band actually played an arrangement of Roger Miller's King of the Road.

I played a lilting, bouncing bass line on my bass clarinet. digirl used to play one of these monstrosities, too.

Comment

Working...
                        X