Missing Cryptogram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Cryptogram

Oh dear I have lost a cryptogram. I have checked my recent games and there is nothing showing up there. There goes my 100%

Missing Cryptogram

Ok today is not a good day. Now I have been kicked off after completing a cryptogram.

Comment

missing cryptogram

When I left the house yesterday I had a 100% solve for the month. When I came home I had one missing. I know my guy was on the computer, but he denies touching anything having to do with this site even though it was left running in the system by myself when I left.

This depresses me because I don't seem to find the time to stay in the top 20 high scores, and now my success rate is blown. That leaves only fastest solver and I'm not even doing that great on that so far. Maybe I'll skip the competing this month. I'm a poor loser...always have been. Of course I'll keep playing when I find the time though. I'm addicted like the rest of you crazy people. (I mean that in the best possible way of course...it's nice to know other people get addicted to this stuff too. My guy calls it "The smart person's game that you play" )

Comment

Also Crazy

Kat and Suzie:

That must be terribly frustrating to work so hard for a 100% solve rate and then have things mess up. I find that I need to check scores after every game. As soon as I forget, at some point I notice that one's been missed without me realizing and I've racked up as much as an hour in unsolved time. A few months ago I had solved all cryptograms for the month and somehow came in at 9th place with a 99.97% solve rate.

You're both terrific players, just don't get discouraged. And speaking about crazy people, I feel crazier than almost everybody because I spend so much more time here than a lot of players. I keep telling my husband that I'm exercising my brain and it's good for my work. Somehow he hasn't bought that one yet. I can't imagine why!

Crazy Laura

Comment

Close call. I went to sign off today, and saw that I had lost my 100%. When I checked recent games, sure enough, one had not been solved for over 13 minutes. Ouch! I'm really glad I checked before I signed off, but I can see that I should check more often. I'd rather have my time messed up because I can fix that, but I can't get back a lost puzzle.

Comment

Site down

Last night when I was playing the site went down and unfortunately I have lost another cryptogram. There goes my 100% for this month, oh well I guess I try again next month.

Comment

me too.

Although I had already lost a puzzle right at the beginning of this month, I'm still trying not to lose any more. Yesterday I went to the scoring page and noticed I had lost another puzzle! Luckily, it wasn't too late....if you don't consider 13 minutes too late. I went and solved it, but it sure messed up my speed factor! I'm really sorry that happened to you. I know how frustrating it is, especially when you work so hard to keep 100%. Better luck next month.

Comment

Oh dear

Oh Suzie how frustrating. I tried to get on Tuesday morning and couldn't. I feel so lucky I wasn't on when the site went down. I agree better luck next month!!!

Comment

Laura

The month you were shown as not hitting 100% - I think it was because you started a puzzle just before midnight of the last day, but did not finish it until after midnight. You are charged with the attempt when you load the puzzle, but not credited with the win until the system verifies that you completed it.

If you look at the monthly scores - particularly completion percentage, you'll see people who are in the middle of puzzles shown below 100%. I remember that month and seeing you still doing puzzles as midnight neared. I stopped just in case a puzzle took me past midnight, since I could not move up in the rankings with another 20 or 30 puzzles anyhow.

I glance at my totals after nearly every puzzle and stop to record them every ten puzzles. I have been lucky and not had the site go down on me. I've also had to stop doing puzzles if I see a thunderstorm approaching, just in case my power goes out - as it did one time, though I got it back in time to complete the puzzle.

Luck helps, but being careful doesn't hurt. I'm sorry for all the people who've gotten tripped up by snafus recently. After Kat's problem, I've taken to logging out of this site if I'm going to be away from my computer for very long.

I wish better luck to all, and good puzzling.

Comment

speaking of Kat's problem...

I did not log out before leaving my house yesterday afternoon, and I've returned to find a puzzle missing. Whether or not I had checked my recent games before leaving I don't recall. I won't make the mistake of leaving this program open if I am not playing it ever again though. And as Laura advised, I will check my recent games list more often. How frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                    X