Not Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Again

Look who has over 100% success rate. Also school starts on Monday, I'm going back to work today, so everybody please slow down so I can stay up

Not again

Two days ago, that person showed missing a puzzle.

Has that glitch that takes her over 100% effectively given her 100% that she did not deserve?

If so, that is not fair to everyone else.

Comment

Not again

When I logged out there was nothing unusual about my stats. If there was a problem I am sure that Stephen would have fixed it.

I certainly would not want to be credited for something that I did not earn.

Comment

It's not you Suzie

it is dmvjdcpa and I saw the same thing as maradnu.

Comment

Thanks Smoochie222

I thought something had gone wrong with my stats as I put a post about a missing cryptogram the other day.

Comment

Not again

I e-mailed Stephen with screen prints showing dmvjdcpa had not completed a crypto more than eight hours after started.

I got no reply from Stephen, but the next day, she was back at 100%.

Her time had dropped - not increased - the next day, so she did not keep the puzzle open for 8+ hours and complete it later, and we know there is some glitch that gives her over 100% regularly.

Lacking evidence to the contrary, I do not believe she 'earned' her success rate award for July. The competition should be fair, and I'm not sure it is.

I know, I'm on a rant again. Forgive me everyone.

Comment

Interesting...

Why can't everyone just enjoy solving cryptograms? Why get so worked up over silly percentages? No one is winning anything here...

If you know you are doing well isn't that all that matters?

Comment

ferry

Whatever.

If there are going to be 'competitions' as indeed there seem to be, then those competitions should be fair.

No one should get an unfair advantage, whether we get anything or not.

jmho

Comment

I'm sorry you are so wrapped up in the competition aspect of this website.

If you are truly looking for an unbiased way to compete and wow others with your cryptogram skills I suggest you not leave it up to a website running a program that clearly has some glitches. Compete against people in an actual setting, not a website.

Lighten up and just enjoy the challenge!

Comment

ferrym

So you are not as competitive as I am. There are differences in that from person to person, and if you are happy with your approach, then I am happy for you.

I am more competitive, and based on what I've seen, I am not alone on the site in that respect. As you have the right to be less competitive, I have the right to be more competitive.

If the site is holding competitions of any sort, then those should be fair. If I do not feel they are fair, I have the right to say so, and to complain. You may not care about any perceived unfairness, but I nonetheless have the right to express my opinions.

As to other sorts of competitions, that involves more expense than I choose to assume at this point, but I appreciate your mentioning it.

Happy cryptogramming.

Comment

I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion and to want a fair competition. I just saw so many posts and threads about solving percentages and people getting all worked up about it. I thought it was a little ridiculous so I said something about it. Not a personal attack or anything... merely an observation.

Wouldn't life be more enjoyable if you didn't get all worried about something as silly as the competitions on the internet? I think so...

And I'm actually very competitive... no one will play Pictionary with me because I'm a total bitch about it, hahaha.

Comment

Thank you for trying to keep the point of this game in check. I am obsessed with this game and wish I could play it a lot more. I am very, very competitive and am constantly checking my scores, BUT, I want to have fun! I feel that sometimes it gets a bit out of hand with worrying about everyone else. Oh well, just my 2 cents.

Comment

Well

I find ferrym85's post very offensive. Just my opinion.

Comment

Hahaha, then you have issues.

Just my opinion.

Comment

You're right

I do have issues with rude opinionated people and with unfairness. You win!

Comment

Working...
                              X