Don't Forget that Recent Games List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Forget that Recent Games List

I've really learned the hard way about checking statistics. For those of you who are attempting to maintain a 100% solve rate, don't forget to check that Rate column when you're done. I'm sure you already do, but you might get tired like I was (also working on a client job almost all night and going back and forth to take cryptogram breaks).

I was furious with myself for about an hour, but figure hey, what the heck. I really enjoy doing these.

So sorry your perfect record is shot. I have ruined two monthly 100%s the same way. Bummer.

Comment

Don't sweat the small stuff

Laura, I'm kind of slipping too. ferrymegan is within .8 seconds of my time for fastest scorer of the month. Soon, she'll be overtaking me. She's just a 20-something, but I'm middle-aged. I just went to the DMV and had my photograph taken two hours ago. Wow, my new picture makes me look even grayer. At least my profile picture's not so bad!

Comment

Thanks, Cayot, and sorry to hear you did the same thing. By the way, I used to have 3 giant airedales (Daquiri, Whiskey, and Margarita). Airdales sure are wacky, lovable dogs.

Bansai, I didn't know they took profile pictures at the DMV. Anyway, don't worry, everybody looks terrible in those pictures.

Comment

Eh, I doubt you have to worry too much about me ever actually beating you for fastest solver, bansai! But I will probably be a close second until I get fired for playing Cryptograms at work

Comment

Hot on my trail

I dunno, ferrym. My best monthly finish heretofore was 36.2 seconds, and you're way ahead of that right now. You're really makin' me sweat. I'm getting carpal tunnel syndrome keeping ahead of you.

Laura, they don't take profile pictures at the DMV! I had to go get a new Florida State ID because my old one was a little expired. Otherwise when I get on the plane to Denver, they'll probably strip search me and cavity check me before they'll allow me on the plane. My cryptograms.org profile picture was taken by the webcam on my notebook.

Comment

Can anyone tell me what happened to my score?

I was playing a puzzle when the computer seemed to freeze up. Anticipating the typcial scenario where I am abruptly logged out (and that happens a lot), I logged out then quicly back in. It showed that I had started another puzzle somehow by logging out. When I completed that puzzle and got ready to log out for the night, my completion rate was 100.13%. Now, I am not very good in math, but that seems impossible. Any thoughts? Will this self-correct?

Comment

Working...
              X