I just found the forums!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just found the forums!

This is cool You're got a chat room and forums, too! KEWL!

Ave!

So glad to see you've found the forums, Gypsy. Welcome!
    maradnu and I wish you were right here with us.

Comment

car keys...

Dear bansai.... i like your map... one question: are the keys in the car, or somewhere else?

Comment

Forums

As Dylan said, "a hard rain's a gonna fall" - if it's not already falling. Not only that but a hard wind's a gonna blow, too.

Welcome to the forums, Gypsy.

Comment

Car Keys?

Tony, I never learned to drive so my car keys aren't really anywhere. However the key to my Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit Chain for my bicycle is in my pocket.

maradnu, Dylan is the bard, but John Fogerty has a few good lines, too.

"Long as I remember The rain been comin' down.
          Clouds of myst'ry pourin' Confusion on the ground.
          Good men through the ages, Tryin' to find the sun;
          And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain?"

Comment

Stop the Rain?

Speaking of rain, how bad did the storm get where you are, Bansai? And Tony, what part of Kansas are you from? My husband's from Kansas City and we lived there for a short time after we got married. It sure was an adjustment for a Brooklyn girl (yet another one who didn't drive, Bansai)!

Comment

Laura...

I live outside Wichita. I lived in KC for a while. It seemed like a big city to me.

Comment

Please, stop the rain

Laura, it wasn't really so bad here. The worst incident I've heard of here in Palm Beach County was of a horse barn roof being blown off, but the groomer was unharmed, as well as all of the horses. The ten-day forecast calls for scattered thunderstorms every day. I was supposed to be on a plane to Denver in 2 hours, but I've had to reschedule 'til next month because of my hospital stay. D'oh! I've actually been out bicycling today for the first time since my hospital stay. I've been a couch potato for nearly two weeks, so it's good to get a little exercise.

Comment

Bansai, I'm glad you're doing well and bicycling. It's great seeing you play again.

Tony, Kansas City is a beautiful town but we lived on the outskirts in a very rural area. I only had a few neighbors that I could actually see and the closest store was at least a mile away. Not being able to drive at the time made me feel really isolated. That's the adjustment I was talking about.

I did learn to drive in NYC but hadn't gotten my license yet. When you live in NY it's sometimes faster to walk somewhere than it is to drive (traffic, parking, etc. ;-)

Comment

Manhattan Madhouse

When I've vacationed in NYC, I've always found it easier to just catch the tube to get where I'm going. If my hotel is at 96th & Broadway and I need to catch the 8 o'clock show at the Village Vanguard or the Blue Note, I find the train gets me there nearly as fast as catching a cab. Plus, I'll probably shell out 25 bucks to the driver with tip as opposed to 2 bucks for the subway.

And speaking of Brooklyn, are you aware that the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament is now being held at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott, having relocated from its 30-year home in Stamford, CT?

Comment

lol, this is getting off-topic.

Well anyways, hi Gypsy.

I'm new to cryptograms.org

Comment

Working...
                      X