Ultimate Evil Wicked Crypto!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Evil Wicked Crypto!

Can anyone solve this one? I'll be very impressed if you do.

KBDLEBXT MPWF NZ CJH TQIJOY PG RVBSUA.

is it from this site?

Who is the author?

Comment

Dr Who?

No, it is not from this site. That would be cheating if I asked help from others. The author is unattributed. I hope that helps, kat!

Comment

Not cheating!

I would never think you were trying to cheat...just thought you'd solved it and thought it was particularly difficult and wanted to share. I've looked at it and it looks like a monster. I think it would frustrate me too much so I'm just going to back slowly away from it...

Comment

After a half an hour of pondering and puzzling here is what I cane up with...

(quote)nothing(unquote)

That thing's Like impossible!!!

Comment

Same Here

I tried it also and gave up after almost an hour. I'm sure glad it wasn't on this site!!

Comment

How about?

Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz

Comment

Originally posted by maradnu View Post
                Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz
                lol, Let's see if that works...

KBDLEBXT MPWF NZ CJH TQIJOY PG RVBSUA

JACKDAWS LOVE MY BIG SPHINX OF QUARTZ...

oh my gosh, it fits...

I also just realized that each letter in the code is only one off from the actual letter (except for Z being A)...

B=A
                K=J
                C=B

Comment

really?

Who does that? That's just wrong. Why would jackdaws love a sphinx of quartz? I just think a crypto should make sense....LOL!

Comment

Yikes!

I agree, Kat. Otherwise it might just as well be in another language.

But nice solving, Maradnu. That's very impressive!

Comment

all the letters in the alphabet

I think it might be a keyboarding phrase like "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" or a panogram like "The five boxing wizards jump quickly." Anyway maradnu you ROCK.

Comment

Outstanding!

Great solving! The No-Prize goes to maradnu. Every year in Las Vegas, they have a Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament and the winner receives $50,000. If you win the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament, you only win $4,000. It just doesn't seem fair.

Comment

and teachers get paid less than city bus drivers

Comment

Wow

Marandu, I am extremely impressed. Way to go! I had no luck when I tried. That's amazing!

Comment

Ultimate

Thanks all.

Could not have gotten it without realizing that it included every letter of the alphabet. FWIW - some other short things with every letter include:

Amazingly few discotheques provide jukeboxes. (40 letters)
                              Heavy boxes perform quick waltzes and jigs. (36 letters)
                              Jinxed wizards pluck ivy from the big quilt. (36 letters)
                              Big Fuji waves pitch enzymed kex liquor. (33 letters)
                              The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog. (33 letters)
                              Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs. (32 letters)
                              The five boxing wizards jump quickly. (31 letters)
                              How quickly daft jumping zebras vex. (30 letters)
                              Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim. (29 letters)
                              Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. (29 letters)
                              Waltz, nymph, for quick jigs vex Bud. (28 letters)
                              Blowzy night-frumps vex'd Jack Q. (26 letters)
                              Glum Schwartzkopf vex'd by NJ IQ. (26 letters)

Comment

Working...
                              X