Wordle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wordle

Is anyone else playing "Wordle?" It's a totally free word game. Wordle dot com. I'm guessing that we who play this game are good at Wordle. I like it. Only one puzzle per day comes up. Apparently, folks like the ability to share their performance on social media. They say 90 were playing in November 2021, and now it's in the millions.

Yes! My family and I just discovered wordle this week and we each post our scores in our family chat group every day. Lots of fun!!

Comment

Maybe the Baron doesn't like me posting about his competitor! But it doesn't really compete. One puzzle a day simply will not do for a Cryptor.

Comment

Yes, I play it frequently. I love it. It reminds me of a TV show that used to be on called 'Lingo'.

Comment

I play and enjoy it! It's great ... and has a cute backstory. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/03/t...e-creator.html.

Comment

I play Wordle daily as well. A friend and I compare summaries.

Comment

Trump attempts Wordle

Comment

Love it, TimmyTee!

Comment

I found out about Wordle from other cryptogrammers, and now I play it. I also enjoy Word Ruffle

Comment

There are several sites where you can play Wordle archives all the way back to Day One.

Comment

Every morning I read the New York Times online and at the end play the Mini-Crossword, Spelling Bee, Letter-Boxed, and now Wordle. The best thing about them is that they're all fun word puzzles, but since there's only one a day of each you don't get too obsessive or waste too much time. Wordle has been around a long time as a two-person game with pen and paper, each taking turns guessing the word chosen by the other one.

Comment

Wordle archive site: https://www.devangthakkar.com/wordle_archive/?238

Comment

Enjoy the archives while you can. Since NY Times bought out Wordle, they are now going to each of the archives sites and asking them to take the archives down. They had not yet gotten to yours, Synonymous, when I checked just now, but they removed the archive I had been using on the metzger.media site. I wonder how long before the NY Times requires one to pay for their subscription in order to play Wordle. A friend of mine thinks that will come very soon. Sigh.

Comment

Thanks for the info skeeter (fellow cryptonite). I guess Wordle will be like the drug trade, get you hooked and then charge for the "privilege" of selling you the Wordle drug.

Comment

Originally posted by Synonymous View Post
                              The advantage of this site (for the time being) is that you can play Wordle over & over. Its not just one game per day.

​​​​​​
                              Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                              Enjoy the archives while you can. Since NY Times bought out Wordle, they are now going to each of the archives sites and asking them to take the archives down. They had not yet gotten to yours, Synonymous, when I checked just now, but they removed the archive I had been using on the metzger.media site. I wonder how long before the NY Times requires one to pay for their subscription in order to play Wordle. A friend of mine thinks that will come very soon. Sigh.
                              You can also play a Wordle like game on Play123 for free (you have to watch ads). I'd add the link but then this message would be flagged for spam, apparently 'I' can't add a link in a message on puzzlebaron.

Comment

Working...
                              X