Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a 'Share' link, or a means to return to a specific Cryptogram puzzle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a 'Share' link, or a means to return to a specific Cryptogram puzzle?

What makes a game like 'Wordle' a hit is the ability to share the puzzle on social media. Frankly, Wordle is no where near as interesting and enlightening as is Cryptogram. Some of the Cryptogram quotes have helped to renew my interest in a specific author ... and some make me reflect on my own daily life. Nothing about 'Wordle' does that ... so far, it seems that the point of Wordle is just to be able to come up with words that rhyme (like 'bower, cower, dower, lower, mower, power, rower, sower(!),tower, and vower(1) - yes, they allowed 'vower' ... which just seems ... well, wrong, to me.

Have I missed a means to return to a specific puzzle, at Cryptogram? I mean, really , what is even the purpose of being able to leave a comment on the quote, if you can't return (even when signed in) to see replies? Or is such a function only allowed with a paid subscription to 'puzzlebaron dot com' ...?

I'd also love to be able to change my 'name' ... I don't have any idea how the 'imported_' was attached to 'Beverly' ... it's a mystery, and on the profile and settings page, I didn't see any way to correct the name.

Wordle is a passing fad; cryptograms are forever. (and you can quote me on that)

I think part of the charm of this site is that you never know if/when you'll see your comment again, and it's always delightful to come across something you've written that another player has responded to in a positive way.

Quite a few players had "imported" attached to their names during one of the upgrades. I hope that Admin can help you with that.

Comment

Working...
    X