Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else hate it when this happens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else hate it when this happens?

I hate when in a cryptogram you get down to the last word and can't figure out what it is, like for instance in a cryptogram like this...

ABHID BA NEUH UDUNW DW OLS STLOE

You could get down to the first word and not know what the H is...

And you would never figure out... ever...

D'oh!

LIGHTPIE, as they used to say on Saturday Night Live, "I hate it when THAT happens!" I especially hate it when it's one of those weird quotes by Milan Kundera or Ezra Pound or (dare I say) Virginia Woolf. You get down to that last word and whatever word you put there doesn't really seem to fit the context. Wavy or wary or waxy??? Any one of them seems as incomprehensible as the other two.

Comment

When THAT happens

Call it what you will, but if "THAT happens", I have no compunctions about opening another browser window, typing what I have into Google, and trying to find the missing letter or letters.

Pushes up my average time, but then sitting and experimenting with different letter combinations would do the same. Google is less frustrating.

Comment

me too

I also do a google search if I'm really stuck on the last word, but I always hate myself for doing it. It feels like cheating. By the way, I just found these forums. Some interesting conversations going on.

Comment

helpful site

I cannot take credit for this. Someone not too long ago posted this site in the chat room, and I happened to catch it. I've found it to be a pretty helpful site.

Share our collection of inspirational and famous quotes by authors you know and love. Share our Quotes of the Day on the web, Facebook, Twitter, and blogs.

Comment

Working...
          X