Emoji Ratings after you finish the cryptogram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emoji Ratings after you finish the cryptogram

What's the deal with these emojis? Can you view the emoji ratings for a puzzle? I have seen comments that allude to such-and-such a puzzle being voted "Inspirational" for instance, but I can't find any way to view these ratings. I occasionally choose an emoji, so I can rate, but I can't seem to view any rating results. What, if anything, am I missing? I solve on a laptop, if that is relevant. Thanks for any help!

Hello cryptogram keeper. Over the past few years, this website has been migrated to a new server and upgraded and adjusted in various ways. Before those changes, there was a different quote-rating display on each solution page, where you could rate the quote on a scale of 1 to 10 in many categories and you could see the group's average 1-to-10 ratings displayed in each category like stars on an Amazon review. Those category star ratings are what people were talking about in the older comments. Then in July 2018, Stephen (the admin) simplified the quote-rating feature: now there's no 1-to-10 scale, you can select only one category, and there's no display of average star ratings. The end effect is that when you rate a quote, you're giving that info only to the admin and not to the group. The admin uses your rating to help him manage the quote database, and the group has stopped talking about quote ratings in the comments box.

I bet anyone else here could have explained this in fewer words.

Here's the related forum thread in case you want to delve deeper into this historic moment in Cryptograms lore:
    https://forum.puzzlebaron.com/forum/...-rating-system
    Last edited by LLapp; 02-19-2022, 02:32 AM.

Comment

You explained it perfectly, Llapp.

Comment

Thanks, Oddcouple.
        Sunrise! Time to go to sleep.

Comment

Thanks LLap!

Comment

Working...
          X