Offensive quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensive quotes

Does anybody look at those quotes which are flagged by solvers as being offensive?

Does anybody care?

I just completed a crypto with a very brutal and sexist quote from De Sade, which has been flagged as very offensive three times. It obviously ain't just me flagging it.

This is a public site, with teens playing. Why do we have that kind of crap showing up here?

Hello -

You can now opt out of offensive quotes by setting your preference on your profile page at:

(near the bottom of the page)

Note that by opting out of possibly offensive quotes you are removing nearly 1,000 quotes from the library. Different people find different quotes offensive for different reasons, and to be frank, the majority of what has been flagged as offensive seems fairly tame to me. But nevertheless, if you'd like to opt out of viewing any potentially offensive material, the option is now there.

Comment

Offensive quotes

Thanks for the change.

Comment

opt out change

Stephen, thanks for the change. For people that are truly disturbed by these quotes, it's nice that they have a way to not have to put up with it.

Personally, I almost never get offended by the quotes. Mostly, I think, because I just take it as the speaker's opinion, and one that doesn't really affect me. I usually figure those quotes do more to show the speaker's ignorance or lack of character than anything else.

Comment

Working...
        X