Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other free onlines games do you play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What other free onlines games do you play?

Just wondering?

other games

I do some Sudoku online, and occasionally some crosswords. I've done a few kakuro on paper, and I'm thinking of looking for some online.

Comment

games

I like sudoku, acrostics, and drop quotes.

Comment

I also love sudoku and used to play it quite a bit until I found this site. But the logic puzzles are also good too once you get the method. It used to take me about 40 minutes to solve each one (with a big score of 10) but I can now solve them a lot quicker.

I've never tried drop quotes and have never even heard of kakuro. But it's probably a good idea to stay away from any more games. I'm running a business and also in school so online games cut into my sleep time. zzzzzzzzz

Comment

Cranium Crushing

Peter Gordon's NY Sun Crosswords are the next best thing to the New York Times, but unlike the Times, they are totally free of charge! You can also download them so that you don't have to be online to solve.

The New York Sun covers America and the world from a base in New York. Its report comprises straightforward news dispatches and a lively editorial page that views the world through a prism of principles over politics and people over party.

Me and Peter Gordon at the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament 2006:

Comment

Funny you should mention Peter - he was the editor of our forthcoming book, Notable Quotable Cryptograms, which features 500 puzzles from Cryptograms.org. It'll be launched by Sterling Publications on November 4th.

By the way, we made a point of publishing the record time and name of each record holder for all 500 puzzles in the book, so keep an eye peeled for your user name! The actual manuscript was completed a while ago though so I'm sure at least a few (if not most) of those records have since been topped. :-)

Comment

small world

Thanks for the info, Stephen. I see that this publication is ready for pre-order on Barnes & Noble's site. I'll definitely get a copy.

Comment

I'm sure that Bansai will be listed in the book.

Comment

I like the the coin page

and only $6.95.

Comment

You 'n' me both, kid.

I'm sure that Laura will be listed in the book. (& digirl & maradnu & susie & ferrym & flutefish & tonyboy & cknapp & smoochie & opallady & gryhnd51 & figmo & countessofmontecrypto et al. Sorry if I neglected to mention you.)

Comment

If I remember correctly, I completed the manuscript for this book around May or June of 2007 - so unfortunately only players who were active on the site during or before that time will show up in the finished volume.

Darned paper-publishing world just takes forever to get things done. :-)

Comment

No prob

It's OK, Stephen. You can mention them in Notable Quotable Cryptograms vol. 2!

Comment

well..

maybe I'll be in there...

Comment

online games

Since I joined last summer in July, I doubt I'll be listed. It would be nice to see my user name in print though. So, Stephen, when do we get vol. 2?

I play this and the logic problem site. Also for more difficult logic problems, www.puzzlersparadise.com . They only put 2 new puzzles up a month, but all the only ones are up, so there's plenty to keep you occupied. I also have spent WAY too much time on zone.msn.com playing a variety of games.

Comment

Book

I joined in July 2007, so I won't be listed either.

I guess bansai with be listed under his previous screen name. Digirl should be there as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X